Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Security Alarm System Will Not Disarm

Quiller303

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wallingford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat A8
I've run into a frustrating problem. For some reason the vehicle security alarm system will not disarm. My vehicle is a 2016 Challenger Hellcat that I've owned since new. Key FOB's unlock the doors but when I try to start the car, it will start but the alarm light in the dash starts flashing and the vehicle dies after 3 seconds. Fuel tank is full. Hood is shut. Car will remote start and run fine for a while but once I press the start button to drive it shuts right off. I've tried disconnecting the battery overnight. No luck. I'd rather not have to tow it to the dealer for correction. Has anyone experienced this issue?

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Try new fob battery? and make sure all 3 FOBs get a new battery at the same time and try all 3 again.

OP
Q

Quiller303

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wallingford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Try new fob battery? and make sure all 3 FOBs get a new battery at the same time and try all 3 again.
I did try all three FOBs. All 3 batteries are fairly new (<1 year). I know they tend to all die at the same time. But I will try a fresh battery just to confirm that is not the issue.

OP
Q

Quiller303

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wallingford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Update-Took it to the dealer and the diagnosis was a bad RF Hub. Apparently the PCM and the RF Hub compare vin #'s at start up and if they don't match, they shut down the car. The tech could see that both my vin's matched but when doing the comparison, the PCM got a negative result and shut off the car. This narrowed it down to either a bad PCM or RF Hub. I supplied the tech with my stock PCM which did not correct the condition. New RF Hub installed and all is good.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Quiller303 Glad the fix was figured out.

That is the first time I read that someone had that problem.

Thanks for posting up and letting us know how it got resolved.

~Linda