Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

*Removed by OP*

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
*OP Removed info. Thanks to all who responded*

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
You didn't change your axis
Also if you are doing this I'd pull timing until you verify everything.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
In short, no those numbers do not look "right" however that's just from observation. There is no "right" or "wrong" as I'm sure you know if you're familiar with tuning,
I, as well as many other tuners like a nice smooth timing curve. Diablo does not offer 3d smoothing like Hptuners does, so you have to manually blend the tables.
In reality, those "odd" looking numbers might or might not matter as you might never be in a given aircharge vs rpm situation to ever hit those numbers.

I would however have some serious concerns of the 21* at WOT in the lower right hand area of the graph

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My .02 cents. These cars do interpolate a bit between rows and columns, but I've not ever seen a timing map like the third picture. The first picture would be what I'd consider more standard way of doing it. However, I hope this is a tune for E85 as that's quite a lot of timing advance in there.

As you've learned it's simple to convert from DS to HPT and if you've been fooling with it for a while then you know about the comparison function and that it'd be pretty easy to straighten it out.

I've never modified the Thermal Spark WOT Blend table in the 2nd picture in my tunes.

What do the knock sensor tables look like?

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
You didn't change your axis
Also if you are doing this I'd pull timing until you verify everything.
I’m not familiar with what Axis is?

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
My .02 cents. These cars do interpolate a bit between rows and columns, but I've not ever seen a timing map like the third picture. The first picture would be what I'd consider more standard way of doing it. However, I hope this is a tune for E85 as that's quite a lot of timing advance in there.

As you've learned it's simple to convert from DS to HPT and if you've been fooling with it for a while then you know about the comparison function and that it'd be pretty easy to straighten it out.

I've never modified the Thermal Spark WOT Blend table in the 2nd picture in my tunes.

What do the knock sensor tables look like?
Thank You for looking at it. It is an E85 tune. It’s just a small sample of the few spark pages that were different using the compare function with another tuners E85 tune. Both are from top tuners.

I don’t know of anyway to compare the Original DS tune with the version of the same tune after it was translated to HP. Everything I’ve read or watched says it’s a simple matter and I’ve not seen any warnings.

When I get a minute I’ll list more of what is different, and also the knock sensor tables.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
You should be comparing the diablo tune to your stock file.
Your air charge only goes up to 1.50. You will be going past that with your mods.
I highly recommend you take the the time to read as much as you can on the hp tuners forums espicaly the sticky’s. We are here to help but if you are tuning your self I’d hate to see the car blow up from a small mistake.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you simply download the tune from the car (DS or otherwise) with HPT, you now have THE tune you can look at in HPT. I hope that makes sense. Then you can compare it to other tunes to see what's what.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you'd like, PM me your email address. I'll be happy to send the tune I'm running in my car for comparison purposes

I'm e85 (e70) FIC 1200cc injectors and 2.69 upper on a redeye blower

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Or...... here you go

Attachments

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
If you simply download the tune from the car (DS or otherwise) with HPT, you now have THE tune you can look at in HPT. I hope that makes sense. Then you can compare it to other tunes to see what's what.
I totally get that. That’s what I did. Then I did a compare function to a previous E85 tune from a different tuner that was originally written in HPt.

I was just trying to double check that the “conversion” from DS to HPt was normal. All the info I read or saw stated it was a simple process. Write the DS tune into the pcm. Read the pcm with HPt. Basically thats it. If theres something else you know to do, please let me know.

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country