Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

No Hellcats in Western Carolinas?

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just spent a week in Western N.Carolina and I did not spot one Hellcat? At home in Mass I see them everyday. I am sure there are some but looks like they are not common. I did see a ton of base Challengers and others with various trim levels. What I did notice was there are a ton of 4 door 392’s. I mean they were everywhere!! Every time I saw the big hood scoop in the rear view of the rental car I pulled over expecting to see a Hellcat but saw the little bumbly 🐝 on the fender.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
Can you narrow down the locale? In the Fayetteville area I see one every few days. Up in Raleigh/Durham I see one every time I go there. You gotta think, the Western Region of NC is traditionally mountainous and generally a poorer population. I know because I grew up in Taylorsville/Hickory area. In that part they cherish trucks with big tires and offroad ATV-type platforms. Just my 2 cents. Also, I am doing nothing for National Security today staying on the forum so long :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Can you narrow down the locale? In the Fayetteville area I see one every few days. Up in Raleigh/Durham I see one every time I go there. You gotta think, the Western Region of NC is traditionally mountainous and generally a poorer population. I know because I grew up in Taylorsville/Hickory area. In that part they cherish trucks with big tires and offroad ATV-type platforms. Just my 2 cents. Also, I am doing nothing for National Security today staying on the forum so long :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Stayed in Hendersonville/Asheville area. Asheville was interesting. Not my kind of people. Like they transported San Francisco East. Only could stand that for one day. I hear what you are saying about trucks. Saw some nice old pickups. I like that area overall.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Even saw a bunch of people protesting at Franklin Graham gathering in Asheville. They had disgusting signs. Could not believe that one. My wife dragged me away. She knew I might start something.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
yeah Asheville is SF East. That actually the general consensus of North Carolinians I believe. It is a pretty area, Maggie Valley isn't too far from there. Linville Gorge, Blowing Rock: that whole area too.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
If you want to see a lot of hellcats, go to the Woodward dream cruise on the 3rd weekend of August. Seems like 75% of all hellcats ever sold show up there lol.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
If you want to see a lot of hellcats, go to the Woodward dream cruise on the 3rd weekend of August. Seems like 75% of all hellcats ever sold show up there lol.
I here that is something to see.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
yeah Asheville is SF East. That actually the general consensus of North Carolinians I believe. It is a pretty area, Maggie Valley isn't too far from there. Linville Gorge, Blowing Rock: that whole area too.
We went to Chimney Rock and Biltmore Estate. Both well worth the take in. I can’t believe they built a 26 story elevator inside Chimney Rock. What a feat of engineering.
8711CB77-F8DA-44DE-80B1-72FFB4AA775F.jpeg

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks for stopping by the state, and sorry if any viewpoints under 50-60 years old scared you.

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
When I was young my family was extremely poor. We used to hop in the 76 Lincoln (which I loved because all 4 windows rolled down to make 1 big window) and drive to Chimney Rock, Linville Gorge, Sliding Rock etc just to have something to do and get out of the house. Good times. Things were simple then.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Thanks for stopping by the state, and sorry if any viewpoints under 50-60 years old scared you.
Not sure your point?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I was young my family was extremely poor. We used to hop in the 76 Lincoln (which I loved because all 4 windows rolled down to make 1 big window) and drive to Chimney Rock, Linville Gorge, Sliding Rock etc just to have something to do and get out of the house. Good times. Things were simple then.
I hear ya.
Didn't know I was poor tho.
Mom used to sew / make ALL my shirts well into high school (as well as all my sisters dresses)..
Couldn't afford to buy them.
Used to go camping, us kids slept in the car, parents made a tent (for themselves) from blankets.
We had a blast!

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
I hear ya.
Didn't know I was poor tho.
Mom used to sew / make ALL my shirts well into high school (as well as all my sisters dresses)..
Couldn't afford to buy them.
Used to go camping, us kids slept in the car, parents made a tent (for themselves) from blankets.
We had a blast!
I guess poor is relative. I grew up in a military family until I was 14. We weren’t poor but pretty close. I got jobs at a young age to be able to keep buying sneakers I wore out so fast playing basketball. It was what we knew and that was it.