Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MSHS Rockingham Dragway May 11th-13th

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
He did, he was racing Brian's 10.0 Jeep I think. Something happend and Brian went Red. it was a good time all around, hope to see some of y'all there Cecil is up next! Going to have to figure out how to cut a better light with this car. I'm thinking the 2-step finally goes in.
I'm sure you'll see Scott. I might tag along, who knows?

Is that the jeep that won 10.50 championship last year?

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
i dont disagree, he put in the work, more like people with a hellcat run faster classes usually… gets into the sandbagging grey area…
Yea. It is kind of a grey area. Personally I’d run it in a faster class closer to the car’s capabilities but that’s his decision.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yea. It is kind of a grey area. Personally I’d run it in a faster class closer to the car’s capabilities but that’s his decision.
Supposedly he uses the black key.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
That's something we have been working on, there is no other class for that car to move up to. There needs to be a 9.0 class added for the stock bottom end modified hellcats. that or make a Street and Extreme heavyweight class. There is no sense in even entering the HW class if you aren't capable of low 8's high 7's. Definitely some class modifications needed in the series.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Heavyweight Street vs Heavyweight Extreme, 9.0-9.49 cars vs 8.509-8.99 cars

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
After time and people go faster normally have to change some classes. Sure there are some slower classes that don't get many cars they could get rid of and add new ones

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #47
I'm not a fan of bracket racing, I like the good ole fashioned run what you brung, first to finish drag race, with similarly timed cars. currently in HW there is more than a 2 full second spread. besides Outlaw and the new 5.0 1/8th mile class its the only heads up racing in the series.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I'm not a fan of bracket racing, I like the good ole fashioned run what you brung, first to finish drag race, with similarly timed cars. currently in HW there is more than a 2 full second spread. besides Outlaw and the new 5.0 1/8th mile class its the only heads up racing in the series.
You need to run a class if you want heads up racing. Handicap racing just lets more people be competitive.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
You need to run a class if you want heads up racing. Handicap racing just lets more people be competitive.
correct just need to have a class for that. Which currently its on the HW, outlaw and 5.0 classes which all have 7 second capable cars in them. they need to add a class for the people who don't want to go 7's to enjoy some heads up racing. I'm not complaining at all because I will continue to run the HW class until another class fits me better.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If the Hellcat running in the 12.50 class is black it's gotta be John G. He drives the car to all the events from somewhere way up in NY with his wife and son. At Clay City it was kinda warm and the whole family sat in the car all day with it running with the AC on. When his class was called wife and son would get out and he'd pull up to the staging lanes lol. He's also mastered deep staging and will roll right into deep and stop to help is RT.

My only compliant with MSHS is all the classes. Seems to take a really long time to get through a race event. I wish they'd go to a round robin style so you can race your class to completion then go hangout. That's how we did ChallengerFest and most seemed to like it. Couldn't do that with low 8 and 7 sec race cars, but the street car classes for sure.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
If the Hellcat running in the 12.50 class is black it's gotta be John G. He drives the car to all the events from somewhere way up in NY with his wife and son. At Clay City it was kinda warm and the whole family sat in the car all day with it running with the AC on. When his class was called wife and son would get out and he'd pull up to the staging lanes lol. He's also mastered deep staging and will roll right into deep and stop to help is RT.

My only compliant with MSHS is all the classes. Seems to take a really long time to get through a race event. I wish they'd go to a round robin style so you can race your class to completion then go hangout. That's how we did ChallengerFest and most seemed to like it. Couldn't do that with low 8 and 7 sec race cars, but the street car classes for sure.
100% John G. just didn't want to give out his gov't.