Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MS109 Tune Log, Anybody Wanna Look And See What You THink ...

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellrasin Challenger HellCat
I got tuned up on MS109 and made a couple 1/8 mile passes Friday, 1st one spun, did an easier launch on the 2nd and ran a 6.61x @110, with a soft 1.59 60ft.

The car cut's 1.51xx 60's with his 93 tune and literally zero timing offt he line, and runs 6.65x @110 just mashing the gas off idle,

But I'm not sure what he's got going on with the shifting on this "Race Gas Tune"

Thank you for your time and support,

Attachments

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Subscribed

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
Your throttle ramp in on this run was pretty soft for sure, over 1.5 seconds to full throttle. Everything looks safe - fuel trims are good, knock sensors are not showing any voltage above normal, etc. You should consider logging a few different channels - you are not logging air charge (good indicator of hp engine is making) or post blower IAT (the one you want to watch). Feel free to PM for a data log channel configuration to give you a few ideas of other things to data log. See attached-actual run is far into the log, had the scanner logging for a while in the staging lanes

Attachments

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, My tuner said everything looked good to him also. Basically told me I needed a bigger tire.

OK then, Since I wore out my 'little' 275 M&H DR's , I picked up a pair of the 325 Hoosier DR2's. MY God those things are HUGE.

He can't say I got little tires now, LOL

I got back out yesterday and was cutting 1,51xx 60's and a best 6,58 @111.36. That was on a Hot Lap after a 6,60 @110.

He sent me a channel list for data logging but it would not load for some reason.

Now I need some adjustable control arms to get these tires using all the contact path. After 6 passes You can tell the outside 3inches are barely touching the track, especially the pass side.

Attachments

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Logging trans pids can give HPT heartburn and may explain why the shifts look funny, assuming the car "felt" OK.

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Logging trans pids can give HPT heartburn and may explain why the shifts look funny, assuming the car "felt" OK.
I don't feel or hear any funny shifts going on, Logs on the 93 tune don't have that funny looking shift pattern.

I'm stopping by the tuner tomorrow and he'll load a config file he want's me use for logging.

I did get a couple shots of the drivers side tire, couldn't get the cam to turn on when I moved it to the pass side.

The car is consistent on both his tunes, I think it'll run a low 10 on the 1/4, Every car I've ever ran at Shadyside has been a consistent 5 or 6 hundredths slower on the ET compared to the other 4 tracks around me,

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I put your log in my dashboard, everything looks good. You are very rich, commanding more that 11.5 at times. However that is a conversation between you and your tuner.

1649736019294.png

Air temps are getting high but that comes with the territory. For 60' the combination is prep + tire sidewall + launch at approximately 1500 rpm. Anything higher and you could flash the converter (year dependent).

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
I put your log in my dashboard, everything looks good. You are very rich, commanding more that 11.5 at times. However that is a conversation between you and your tuner.

Air temps are getting high but that comes with the territory. For 60' the combination is prep + tire sidewall + launch at approximately 1500 rpm. Anything higher and you could flash the converter (year dependent).
I asked him about leaning it out and he said he left it rich to be on the safe side, I can live with that as I'm not trying for a max effort tune, Yet.

I have thought about getting a prescription for the Purple Bottle to cure the High Air Charge Blues, but I learned a long time ago giggle gas is more addicting than meth ... but I have 60lbs sitting in my garage whispering to me, "Spray Me" every time I walk by.

Must Resist ....

I did make the 2,5hr trip down to Darlington Wednesday and made three passes, I'm a little aggravated about that 10,16 pass as they had me sitting idling for freakin' ever while a couple guys staged a grudge race with their Camaro's. Completely wasted a 1.5hr cool down. Probably would've been a 10,10 even with these over sized tires.

How hard was it to install those ADD control arms?

The negative camber is killing the inner shoulder after only 10 passes.

Attachments

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I asked him about leaning it out and he said he left it rich to be on the safe side, I can live with that as I'm not trying for a max effort tune, Yet.

I have thought about getting a prescription for the Purple Bottle to cure the High Air Charge Blues, but I learned a long time ago giggle gas is more addicting than meth ... but I have 60lbs sitting in my garage whispering to me, "Spray Me" every time I walk by.

Must Resist ....

I did make the 2,5hr trip down to Darlington Wednesday and made three passes, I'm a little aggravated about that 10,16 pass as they had me sitting idling for freakin' ever while a couple guys staged a grudge race with their Camaro's. Completely wasted a 1.5hr cool down. Probably would've been a 10,10 even with these over sized tires.

How hard was it to install those ADD control arms?

The negative camber is killing the inner shoulder after only 10 passes.

I always look at timeslips and analyze them. Your mph at the 1/8 mile track looks to be high. You were running 6.58@111 which should get you close to 140mph in the 1/4

When you went to Darlington you did 6.56@108 and 136 in the 1/4 which looks about right

I have found at my track the mph can be 3 mph different from lane to lane. Times seem right but mph even at the 1/8th can be off. Last year I made a few passes same day and both lanes were reading the same which seems to not be the norm for some reason.

I was in Indy last year and the mph seemed low in the right lane so I made a pass in the left lane. My mph was down 1 in the 1/8 but was 4 mph more in the left lane

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
The mph looks right, I've got in car camera on my 1st pass while it was still daylight that shows me crossing the line and speed matches the speedometer,

Heat makes a big difference with these things, it was 60 on those 1/8 mile passes vs 85 at Darlington, It's getting warm and humid in the SC mid state.

Plus I was able to get to the 1/8 early and cool the car down for an hour. And the 1/8 doesn't get the car as hot either.

That nearly 10 minutes I sat idling shows on the front end of that 10,16, I had a 40min cool down when I pulled up to make that 10,15 pass I did idle for a couple minutes and the temp was dropping so that showed on the launch.

I'll trailer this thing to the 1/4 mile events coming up at Rockingham and Bristol since they are 2+hours away from me. I can haul my generator and support stuff, plus I'll have a way home should something break.

Thanks and keep safe.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I always look at timeslips and analyze them. Your mph at the 1/8 mile track looks to be high. You were running 6.58@111 which should get you close to 140mph in the 1/4

When you went to Darlington you did 6.56@108 and 136 in the 1/4 which looks about right

I have found at my track the mph can be 3 mph different from lane to lane. Times seem right but mph even at the 1/8th can be off. Last year I made a few passes same day and both lanes were reading the same which seems to not be the norm for some reason.

I was in Indy last year and the mph seemed low in the right lane so I made a pass in the left lane. My mph was down 1 in the 1/8 but was 4 mph more in the left lane
The sensors are very tough to set up actually, my local track is slow in one lane but only in the 1/4 mile trap speed, everything is really good through the1/8 mile in both lanes. Someone crashed into the sensors 2 years ago and they've been working on it since but it's apparently been a challenge.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The mph looks right, I've got in car camera on my 1st pass while it was still daylight that shows me crossing the line and speed matches the speedometer,

Heat makes a big difference with these things, it was 60 on those 1/8 mile passes vs 85 at Darlington, It's getting warm and humid in the SC mid state.

Plus I was able to get to the 1/8 early and cool the car down for an hour. And the 1/8 doesn't get the car as hot either.

That nearly 10 minutes I sat idling shows on the front end of that 10,16, I had a 40min cool down when I pulled up to make that 10,15 pass I did idle for a couple minutes and the temp was dropping so that showed on the launch.

I'll trailer this thing to the 1/4 mile events coming up at Rockingham and Bristol since they are 2+hours away from me. I can haul my generator and support stuff, plus I'll have a way home should something break.

Thanks and keep safe.

I was basing it off both 1/8th mile times. You shouldn't run a faster 1/8th with a slower mph with the same 60ft. Or the mph at Darlington is off.