Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

More from the Tales of Tesla Travails

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My buddy here how runs a tire shop and is a big car guy as well was asking me the other day if I was missing the Charger HC (hell yes - see what I did there?). We talked EVs while the guys were fixing a tire on my trailer (this dump trailer has made 50 trips to the dump with never a flat (and never a flat on the Expedition EL that pulls it) until that day,and that day it picked up two on the same tire, ... not at the dump but either at one of my stores or on the highway back from a nearby city. Anyway, he had a guy with a Tesla come in just a day or two before with a blown tire. The wheel was bent too. They could not get a new wheel - anywhere (this is one of the shops that will bend over backwards and stay late to help people). In the end, Tesla (or the owner) paid to have the car trailered to Dallas the next day (that's 350 miles). Something to think about.

That's why I mentioned the deposit I put down the Ford Lightning - while not every F dealer can service it, you should be able to get a wheel other odds and ends.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I replaced all of the door speakers in my Ford today, in 30 minutes, with parts readily available on Amazon…
That’s also why I put the $100 down on a Lightning.

Last edited: