Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Metco Valve Cover Breather - missing APV one-way check valve

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
We're having vacuum problems (7 to 9 psi) at idle and low speeds (cars stalls out) and I found out tonight, my Metco Value cover breather is missing the one-way check value.

What are your thoughts...will this impact vacuum pressure at idle and low speeds?

Regards,
Colby

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Put the stock cap on and see if it goes up. I have put open breathers (no check valve) on other supercharged cars and never had an issue though with vacuum

Last edited:

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
I've been running the CFM performance breathers with zero issues, but like one of the previous posters said I had a metco on a supercharged car and it made no difference in vacuum at idle. but then again these new systems may be more sensitive EGR-wise than the older ones.

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #4
Was tired last night when I posted this thread so might not have explained the issue clearly.

The metco breather comes with the one way check value. It’s now missing.

Without the one way value, Could this lead to loss in vacuum pressure in the engine?
Basically, there is on cap on the value cover.

Btw, my cat has turn downs for exhaust and the reason I could not test the factory value cap last night. Neighbors hate this car enough...didn’t want to crank up the beast at 10:00pm. LOL 😂🤣😎

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Was tired last night when I posted this thread so might not have explained the issue clearly.

Without the one way value, Could this lead to loss in vacuum pressure in the engine?

Btw, my cat has turn downs for exhaust and the reason I could not test the factory value cap last night. Neighbors hate this car enough...didn’t want to crank up the beast at 10:00pm. LOL 😂🤣😎
short answer : no..................intake vac is separate from crankcase pressures.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
check your PCV system that could cause a vac leak, if you have a catch can or its plumbing is another place to look. mechanical problem ,hopefully not that:(

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

I understood what you said. Since the check valve is missing put the factory cap back on so it will seal like the check valve was in place which I understand why you didn't last night
I may be more concerned what happen to the check valve which in a metco breather is a flat piece of metal

OP
Dman007

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #8
check your PCV system that could cause a vac leak, if you have a catch can or its plumbing is another place to look. mechanical problem ,hopefully not that:(
Really good advice! I will defiantly remove the catch can and rerun the car and log.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Hey Colby
I had a metro breather on my car with no check valve in it for 20K miles with out issue . Did you build a new engine? Or is this on the stock engine?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Like Hpindy I haven't had one on my car for a couple of years. I think I left on the plastic under the hood during an oil change. Never think about it until another oil change.🤷