Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

LOST ALL BOOST this past Saturday, Litens failure, boost by-pass stuck, and thoughts ?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 HC RedEye Super Stock
hey guys, does anybody know what a factory OEM LITENS pulley should feel like when turning by hand with no belt on it?
Made a pass where felt super slow leaving the line after good normal burnout etc.
FELT like I left in like 3rd gear, then about 100ft out the car "kicked in" and felt mostly normal the rest of the pass.

Long story short, got back to my pit spot.... no boost, no blower whine wile revving, not CEL lights etc.... like belt was gone.
Popped hood, belt good, nothing looked irregular at all.... pulley fine, straight and true . . . all sensors plugged in.
Pulled belt, turned pulley by hand...spun in both directions with equal resistance. (NOT SURE WHAT feels normal?) Definately
wasn't simply free-wheeling.... NEXT tired pulling TB sensor, then by-pass sensor separately..... DASH itself showed throttle body
service required error code or something. Plugged back in all seemed normal. Still no boost showing, sounding and decided to
disconnect battery. Did that.... reconnected... still no check engine lights, actually drove the car outside of track about 5 miles..
no boost est. Got back to track and loaded up. NO idea what to do or check next or how actually the pulley is supposed to feel.
Car only has 3880 miles on it. any advice, thoughts, opinions, or HOW the pulley should feel by hand with no belt on it. (?)

thanks in advance.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Do you have a data log? That would tell a lot

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
hey guys, does anybody know what a factory OEM LITENS pulley should feel like when turning by hand with no belt on it?
Made a pass where felt super slow leaving the line after good normal burnout etc.
FELT like I left in like 3rd gear, then about 100ft out the car "kicked in" and felt mostly normal the rest of the pass.

Long story short, got back to my pit spot.... no boost, no blower whine wile revving, not CEL lights etc.... like belt was gone.
Popped hood, belt good, nothing looked irregular at all.... pulley fine, straight and true . . . all sensors plugged in.
Pulled belt, turned pulley by hand...spun in both directions with equal resistance. (NOT SURE WHAT feels normal?) Definately
wasn't simply free-wheeling.... NEXT tired pulling TB sensor, then by-pass sensor separately..... DASH itself showed throttle body
service required error code or something. Plugged back in all seemed normal. Still no boost showing, sounding and decided to
disconnect battery. Did that.... reconnected... still no check engine lights, actually drove the car outside of track about 5 miles..
no boost est. Got back to track and loaded up. NO idea what to do or check next or how actually the pulley is supposed to feel.
Car only has 3880 miles on it. any advice, thoughts, opinions, or HOW the pulley should feel by hand with no belt on it. (?)

thanks in advance.
my by-pass valve went in an instant, making normal passes an then zero boost on next pass.
if your car is completely stock take it in for warranty.
my guess would be by-pass over pulley failure.

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye
The pulley should free-wheel in one direction and turn the supercharger rotors in the other, there should be a noticeable differnce between the two. Did the supercharger rotors turn when you were spinning the pulley?