Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many cars, trucks motorcycles do you need to own to make you happy?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
If your Jay Leno 189 vehicles and 168 bikes is his current status and pretty impressive to say the least. His favorite car ugh is the Tesla S P100D and Garth Brooks gave him a 1970 Challenger GT I think the journalist is confused lol. And as far as celebrities Jay Leno is the only one I know of with this big of a collection and passion beyond most entertainers. Thank you Jay for helping us Motörhead’s look sane by others for our addiction.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...ar-357-vehicle-collection/ss-BB10tTWb#image=1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Seinfeld and Allen have pretty good collections as well.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I don’t want to own more than I can enjoy, but I’m not sure what that number is.

GOMER

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middletown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat
ChargerChallenger you have a great collection, what is your vehicle count if you don't mind me asking ?

Last edited:
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
ChargerChallenger you have a great collection, what is your vehicle count of you don't mind me asking ?
. Too many LOL and I would rather not say since I think it just pisses people off and many many times I am very hesitant to show too much. And I am not a person that gets enjoyment out of being arrogant and making others feel inferior. I truly hate those type of personalities and hope no one sees me this way. I am just a car addict to the max and the most in my entire life and does it last forever? Depends on my success and failures which I have had both and I would be a rich ass snobby guy LOL (don't want to) If I didn't owe a lot of debt for all these toys. I am blessed and truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for me at the present time with good health and this last year I have had some health issues and business challenges which last year actually was my worst year and this year is actually taking back off.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
ChargerChallenger you have a great collection, what is your vehicle count of you don't mind me asking ?
If he has to go out and count; we won’t see him for a while.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Zero.

Cars don't make me happy, and more definitely isn't better (been there, done that). Happiness comes from people, not possessions. I'd take hugs from my kids over any car if I had to choose. The pleasure you derive from a car is temporary and fleeting - hell, if my garage burst into flames I'd just shrug it off and move on with my life. This is why the PPF/ceramic coat/zero miles types have it so very wrong... do you bubble wrap everything in your life?

Cars are a mechanism to fun, not a transcendent purpose. The meaning of life is making life better for those around you - and if you can use a car to enhance that, great, - if not, it is irrational to provide them with any real merit in your existential world.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Zero.

Cars don't make me happy, and more definitely isn't better (been there, done that). Happiness comes from people, not possessions. I'd take hugs from my kids over any car if I had to choose. The pleasure you derive from a car is temporary and fleeting - hell, if my garage burst into flames I'd just shrug it off and move on with my life. This is why the PPF/ceramic coat/zero miles types have it so very wrong... do you bubble wrap everything in your life?

Cars are a mechanism to fun, not a transcendent purpose. The meaning of life is making life better for those around you - and if you can use a car to enhance that, great, - if not, it is irrational to provide them with any real merit in your existential world.
This is all correct and I have had many material items in my life and then none and then some and then none LOL. But my family has always been by my side and always will be and I have personally helped many others and still do. Your outlook in life is the correct one and I have family who have hoarded every cent and materialistic item they can own to only leave this physical world way to early. There is not enough money and material things in this world to actually make you happy and its so opposite of what people actually think. The most successful ones in this world typically never stop working and enjoy the true love of life God, Family, Health and Happiness.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
This is all correct and I have had many material items in my life and then none and then some and then none LOL. But my family has always been by my side and always will be and I have personally helped many others and still do. Your outlook in life is the correct one and I have family who have hoarded every cent and materialistic item they can own to only leave this physical world way to early. There is not enough money and material things in this world to actually make you happy and its so opposite of what people actually think. The most successful ones in this world typically never stop working and enjoy the true love of life God, Family, Health and Happiness.
Mental, emotional/spiritual, and physical health are the key to it all.

He says sitting in his HC farting around with the display settings. Smells good in here...

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
It's relative to lots of things. When your self identity is tied into material possessions, it can become a slippery slope. And it's not exclusive to automobiles. I've had friends buy houses just to stay equal to other friends. Same with people who exist solely thru their chosen endeavour.

For me it's all about that balance for a quality of life that works for me. I do like sampling a good many cars, but I usually never go higher than 4 at any one time. I'll usually replace one for another.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Jay Leno has amassed an impressive collection of not just autos & bikes, but other things (like steam engines). I'd love to spend a few days just wandering around his place !

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If I could afford it, my car collection would be like my gun collection (or at least like my gun collection TRIES to be).

I would have a vehicle that fills each specific task or type of driving that I want to do.

With that said, I don't want multiples of each, I don't want 5 Challengers.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I definitely have "too many", but...for the most part each vehicle has its special purpose. Whether it has a winch, is light or heavy, how much (and what) it can tow, it all makes a difference to me. I like using the right(est) tool for the job.

Rarely do I transport just myself, and when I do it was in the Ram 1500. It's my El Camino, a car with a bed on it. Practical, but quite boring. Then the thoughts of a Hellcat came. And wouldn't leave.

Okay, so what the heck would I use it for?, I asked myself. Well, sometimes the stars line up just right.
Bought a 'Cat, spring came, the Challenger was properly broken in...and suddenly I had to go see a doctor some 100 miles away numerous times.

Believe it or not, but I was looking forward to next visit, as it gave me the perfect excuse to drive the 'Cat on great roads, and fast. I was almost disappointed when they were done cutting pieces off of me.
Sure wouldn't have felt that way about it had I been driving the 1500, so in this case, adding one more vehicle paid off big time.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I’m pretty happy with the current fleet in my garage, but if money wasn’t an issue, and have a shop just for Hellcats (Challenger, Charger, Demon, Trackhawk, and TRX).

The shop would look something like this:

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
I'm a car enthusiast so if money, space, and most importantly time weren't an issue I would have multiple vehicles like Jay Leno and others. As a guy who works for a paycheck and has limited space I have to make choices. I've been toying with picking up another Hellcat to go with my supercharged Boss 302, but so far haven't found the right car. As for toys i don't drive everyday I'm done buying new ones that take a massive depreciation hit. I know guys who have a bunch of project cars which I would personally hate, but they enjoy working on them more than driving them. I'm the opposite I don't enjoy working on cars anymore so other than light maintenance and keeping them clean I just want something I can get in and drive.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m pretty happy with the current fleet in my garage, but if money wasn’t an issue, and have a shop just for Hellcats (Challenger, Charger, Demon, Trackhawk, and TRX).

I’d like to go in on something like this with someone. I will be 1/100th owner.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
I know a local construction company owner that mentioned he was going to be building a similar facility to the link below. It will be hard to resist buying one if they are priced right.

https://garagetown.com/features/

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I know a local construction company owner that mentioned he was going to be building a similar facility to the link below. It will be hard to resist buying one if they are priced right.
I dunno. There's a lot to be said for having all my vehicles at home.
It was bad enough during my somewhat lengthy interstate move when it seemed like I often had the right vehicle at the wrong place for the occasion.

Of course, if wanted to get away from my girlfriend, a remote vehicle storage/shop could be a good thing.

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat

Now this would be a timeshare I would love... to each one...lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If your Jay Leno 189 vehicles and 168 bikes is his current status and pretty impressive to say the least. His favorite car ugh is the Tesla S P100D and Garth Brooks gave him a 1970 Challenger GT I think the journalist is confused lol. And as far as celebrities Jay Leno is the only one I know of with this big of a collection and passion beyond most entertainers. Thank you Jay for helping us Motörhead’s look sane by others for our addiction.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...ar-357-vehicle-collection/ss-BB10tTWb#image=1
I know exactly how many is TOO many...my local Harley dealer called me in late September...and said..do you realize you still have a bike here?....I start in early April..drop a bike off..(oil change and inspection)..ride one over the next day..bring back the first one...repeat this process till there all done...takes almost two months weather permitting...the last one in rotation ...I just plain forgot about...the worst part....I never knew it was missing till they called me in late September...even worse...I didn't know which one was missing...maybe I am getting old