Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How I setup ID 1300XDS injectors for my tune.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Since you are doing it your self I'd plan on getting those numbers a lot lower than 5 percent. This is just a log I have. I have dialed my injectors in even a little farther than this. This looks to be a pretty short drive here like really short. But you get the point
View attachment 63056

Take a look at this ST graph this is how I gauge how close I really am.
View attachment 63057
What are your graph settings on the histogram? Is it "last" and "view zoom data only" or is it "average"? Mine doesn't seem to work for "last" setting.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
What are your graph settings on the histogram? Is it "last" and "view zoom data only" or is it "average"? Mine doesn't seem to work for "last" setting.
Its a bug in HP Tuners. Last will only work if the log was just recorded and not closed.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Its a bug in HP Tuners. Last will only work if the log was just recorded and not closed.
At one point I had the opposite glitch where I had to save and close out to see all of the populated data. At one point if I copied and then multiplied by half it would multiply in the wrong direction. I guess that's why they consider it Beta

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't use the Beta version unless it had something in it I specifically needed. I haven't updated anything since they started mucking around with all the emissions settings.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I don't use the Beta version unless it had something in it I specifically needed. I haven't updated anything since they started mucking around with all the emissions settings.
I ran into no choice. Tables I needed only in the newest beta. I have a pretty old version still saved. But since I’ve done the firmware updates it may not matter. I’m not sure.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
What emissions settings do you think they messed with?

Also I am done messing with these things. I kept over shooting and it would run lean, then I would adjust and it would run rich. I am erring on the side of caution. Went for a 20 minute ride and did some normal town traffic and then got on the highway around 75mph. This is what I'm running with and not touching it again unless I get some serious lean spots for just general cruising. Would rather be richer than on the side of lean. Next stop, WOT tuning.

1644193468431.png

1644193510845.png

It's also only 30* F so I'm probably going to be running stupid rich in warmer weather. Hopefully I will have temps close with a killer chiller.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Nah the car will figure all that out. Tons of temp modification tables.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, you guys motivated me to dial the injectors in tighter. Thanks for the tip on the histogram setup, made it super easy.

I don't think I can get much closer than this. This is from a 15 minute drive and the values are an average for the entire log so dang close.
1645384949922.png

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
Well, you guys motivated me to dial the injectors in tighter. Thanks for the tip on the histogram setup, made it super easy.

I don't think I can get much closer than this. This is from a 15 minute drive and the values are an average for the entire log so dang close.
View attachment 64228
Just like you have shared many a tip with me, I'm glad I could help you out for once. I don't know what to do with the cold weather I'm having. Right now it just seems because of the cold to want to dump fuel in. I don't plan on any more injector tuning till the weather is above 40*.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@Speedy! how were you doing it before? Watching stft and fuel mass in the logs?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yep DUMB lol well worse inj pw

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Yep DUMB lol well worse inj pw
You can technically copy and multiply half using this way. It’s what I do for the first few logs. Then from there I manually enter the multiplier or manually change the value.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah I was definitely doing it the hard way. It worked but was super time consuming. I'd watch the trims at various inj pw then go in and adjust the pw by trim % give or take a little. The fuel mass way worked 100% better. Somehow I had the trims 5-7% with the DUMB way, but now they're super dialed. I'm gonna do the same on my E85 tune to tighten those up.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
When I was doing this...I setup the STFT+LTFT vs both IPW and Fuel Mass (2 seperate histograms) so I could see the difference between the 2. It is sometimes quite substantial to say the least.

I usually ended up adjusting fuel mass instead of IPW but could never achieve any sort of progress in the low pw areas of off-idle cruise and whatnot. I would have it bang on one pass and 10 off on another.

Saving this thread for future reference and ideas.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Ok yep I went back and added a histogram to log inj pw vs ST+LT fuel trims and it lines out, so it's two different ways of accomplishing the same thing. I had just been looking at logs in the charts area for fuel trims and adjusting the fuel mass at specific inj pw points in the tune. Same same the histogram just makes it way easier to know how much to adjust although I always did 50% as I dialed them in. Took a couple extra logs but better than over shooting.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Here's what the INJ PW histogram looks like for those that are interested. This sorta makes more sense to me as you're manipulating how much fuel mass is injected at a specific pulse width on the injector.

1645573112792.png