Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How does Dodge near accurately know my current mileage?

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Today I got an email from my dealer saying I had an opportunity to trade my car in for a 2023 Hellcat. I have received these emails in the past, but today out of boredom I read thru it including the conditions at the end. I have no desire to trade my car, but what jumped out at me was how close their mileage "estimate" was for my car. Their estimate is scary close as they only guessed high by 410 miles of what the car actually has on it.

I bought the car out of state and have never taken it back to any dealer for service or anything at all. How can they track my mileage so close? Cant be a fleet average, since I would imagine most cars are driven far more than mine. Just a bit puzzled and wondering how they can get that close of an estimate on a car that Dodge has not seen for 6 years.

mileage.png

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Uhmmm...on board GPS, Uconnect, radio, electronics! They KNOW EVERYTHING!!!

Go to Uconnect app and it tells me what angle my wheels are turned, how much gas I have and where I am oil change wise. Even if you do not use the app, it is still collecting information 100% of the time.

IMG_4059.png IMG_4058.png

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Avry time youz turn on Uconnect it sendz dem all you all da carz info. Address, garage door opener code, phone codezs, avary thang you'ze plug into dat thang. Thay have. Sew don't turn it own. I didn't plug any info out side of da car that noze budy shuld have. It is only ass good az da info plugged insturd.

OP
45-70govt

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
I have heard of Uconnect, but honestly I have no idea what it even is or does. Is there an on/off button for it in the screen that I am missing somehow?

I recall the thread where it talked about info being sent from our cars, but at the same time I thought that the older ones like mine (2017) could not do that because of a cell tower change over or something like that. So 2017 cars are still sending out data?

@Bobo do you happen to have a link to the site where you are seeing all this info on your car? The dealer never signed me up for anything like that or at least I don't recall if they did.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
There is the Guardian thing & the Uconnect/Brand Connect thing, both tracking your every move via the "GLOBAL TELEMATICS BOX MODULE (TBM)".

You CAN opt out & (supposedly) the tracking stops, the numbers to call are in this doc - you must state you want to opt out for privacy reasons !!

https://www.driveuconnect.com/connectedservices/privacy.html

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Uhmmm...on board GPS, Uconnect, radio, electronics! They KNOW EVERYTHING!!!

Go to Uconnect app and it tells me what angle my wheels are turned, how much gas I have and where I am oil change wise. Even if you do not use the app, it is still collecting information 100% of the time.

View attachment 112990 View attachment 112991
You need an oil change, gas fill, and why is your tire pressure so high? And how did you burn through 3 sets of tires in 4900 mi???? I need to know! :ROFLMAO:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
There is the Guardian thing & the Uconnect/Brand Connect thing, both tracking your every move via the "GLOBAL TELEMATICS BOX MODULE (TBM)".

You CAN opt out & (supposedly) the tracking stops, the numbers to call are in this doc - you must state you want to opt out for privacy reasons !!

https://www.driveuconnect.com/connectedservices/privacy.html
I despise calling UConnect more than just about anything else, but I mustered up the courage today after reading this. All I can say is...OMG. Incompetence at every step, as expected. First idiot says if your subscription is inactive, NO data is collected....I rip him a new one right from their document language that says data is still collected...then he asks me how I know they are still collecting data even though I cancelled subscription months ago...then he puts me on hold...then I'm transferred to someone who is completely clueless. I hang up and call back - another clueless idiot....and then a third time. Finally got some lady who I gave another earful to but knew the time of day. I told her I wanted EVERYTHING they already collected on me and my car PURGED and to basically wipe my VIN completely out of their system like the car never existed....Done, and with an email follow-up.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I despise calling UConnect more than just about anything else, but I mustered up the courage today after reading this. All I can say is...OMG. Incompetence at every step, as expected. First idiot says if your subscription is inactive, NO data is collected....I rip him a new one right from their document language that says data is still collected...then he asks me how I know they are still collecting data even though I cancelled subscription months ago...then he puts me on hold...then I'm transferred to someone who is completely clueless. I hang up and call back - another clueless idiot....and then a third time. Finally got some lady who I gave another earful to but knew the time of day. I told her I wanted EVERYTHING they already collected on me and my car PURGED and to basically wipe my VIN completely out of their system like the car never existed....Done, and with an email follow-up.
Nice,

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
You need an oil change, gas fill, and why is your tire pressure so high? And how did you burn through 3 sets of tires in 4900 mi???? I need to know! :ROFLMAO:
It goes in in November for oil change. Tire pressure is up as it keeps tires round until I drive it. Only two sets! I’m on third (other sets are still useable but getting low) set and in two weeks I’ll burn a lot of them up during our annual State Street Cruise! An all day burn out Fest up and down the four miles of our main drag…State St!

Last years SSC
IMG_3061.jpeg

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yeah, not surprised, their CS is totally useless unless you say you want to sign up or renew :rolleyes: Plus, they are making $$$ selling our data, so they will do everything they can to discourage you from killing the feed.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I’ll take her name. I just saw this and I will be corresponding with them tomorrow. OMG is one of the minor things I have said. Since @Hunter reminded is this is an adult and public site, I won’t post what I said to myself.

IMAGES FROM CAMERAS!!! WHY???

Why don’t they step up when our cars get ripped off and help? They are the entity who invented the worthless security/ignition system that can be defeated in minutes, but managed to have a system on board to do this…

DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
ROUTE TAKEN
REFUELING ACTIVITY

I INVITE EVERY CONGRESSMAN, DA OR ATTORNEY IN THE LAND TO FILE A DEMAND THESE CHARACTERS IMMEDIATELY PARTICIPATE IN IMMEDIATE SUPPLY OF CERTAIN DATA TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES ON DEMAND!

Save the follow up comments about anyone even paying attention to vehicle thefts in their jurisdiction. I know our Country is about to collapse from what it once was. Simply enforcing our laws, making our Country secure and making the scum suffer consequences would be nice.

I‘ll save my bro’s reading and get right to what they are collecting…..
  • Driving data: we collect driving data about your Vehicle, such as dates and times of use; speed, acceleration and braking data; direction of travel; trip data (e.g., mileage, date, time, weather conditions, location, route taken); ignition events; steering events; cruise control data; seatbelt status; information about Vehicle incidents or events; other information about how you drive a Vehicle; and associated date/time stamps for such information.

• Vehicle, usage and performance: we retrieve and collect Covered Data related to your Vehicle’s performance and usage, as well as diagnostic and service-related data. This includes information such as odometer, mileage, MPG, and emissions data; trouble or error codes, and other diagnostic data; service and maintenance history; engine performance; tire pressure data; weather, temperature and other driving conditions; fuel levels and refueling activity; battery levels and status; images from cameras; other performance, mechanical and operational data; Vehicle settings, commands and presets, points of interest, and other information about your use of certain features; and associated date/time stamps for such information.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Yea, screw them and the horse they rode in on. I only called on the '16 today, I cancelled Guardian on the '19 last week, and no action on the '22...yet. Thank you guys for raising the awareness on this stuff - I tend to lose focus on these things.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I’ll take her name. I just saw this and I will be corresponding with them tomorrow. OMG is one of the minor things I have said. Since @Hunter reminded is this is an adult and public site, I won’t post what I said to myself.

IMAGES FROM CAMERAS!!! WHY???

Why don’t they step up when our cars get ripped off and help? They are the entity who invented the worthless security/ignition system that can be defeated in minutes, but managed to have a system on board to do this…

DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
ROUTE TAKEN
REFUELING ACTIVITY

I INVITE EVERY CONGRESSMAN, DA OR ATTORNEY IN THE LAND TO FILE A DEMAND THESE CHARACTERS IMMEDIATELY PARTICIPATE IN IMMEDIATE SUPPLY OF CERTAIN DATA TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES ON DEMAND!

Save the follow up comments about anyone even paying attention to vehicle thefts in their jurisdiction. I know our Country is about to collapse from what it once was. Simply enforcing our laws, making our Country secure and making the scum suffer consequences would be nice.

I‘ll save my bro’s reading and get right to what they are collecting…..
  • Driving data: we collect driving data about your Vehicle, such as dates and times of use; speed, acceleration and braking data; direction of travel; trip data (e.g., mileage, date, time, weather conditions, location, route taken); ignition events; steering events; cruise control data; seatbelt status; information about Vehicle incidents or events; other information about how you drive a Vehicle; and associated date/time stamps for such information.

• Vehicle, usage and performance: we retrieve and collect Covered Data related to your Vehicle’s performance and usage, as well as diagnostic and service-related data. This includes information such as odometer, mileage, MPG, and emissions data; trouble or error codes, and other diagnostic data; service and maintenance history; engine performance; tire pressure data; weather, temperature and other driving conditions; fuel levels and refueling activity; battery levels and status; images from cameras; other performance, mechanical and operational data; Vehicle settings, commands and presets, points of interest, and other information about your use of certain features; and associated date/time stamps for such information.
All so they can deny you warranty coverage when it’s in their best interest. Shitheads!😡

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wen youz turn on da duzz cunect, I set up mine 2 cone ect whore snot. I have noze reasun 2 turn er on. Day do not give wa a damn thang. Assept luken at youz stuff 2 market. Dooen sum ones jobz I ain't dooen fer dem ass holes. I've vote no ster.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
To save many from reading the crap here’s the number to cal
23DF103F-74CC-4ACB-B7DC-FB4E904A4580.png

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I don't have a Dodge app so I went to mopar.com to attempt an opt out. I could not find anything but an email and phone #. Since it is after hours I sent an email requesting opt out and this is what happened:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
dprivacy@stellantisroup.com (dprivacy@stellantisroup.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist.

Looks like I have no choice but to call....:mad: