Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How do you punish yourself when hurting your car?

Anguish

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
OH
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Under a week after getting my 'cat I did much the same. Parked way out nowhere, with a concrete pad to one side so nobody could park there. Leaving, I just barely clipped that pad. Grrr.

Anyway, what I did was get a set of RimBlades. Basically, they're a thin rubber strip that goes at the outer edge of the rim. Both covers up the tiny scratch I caused and prevents any future incidents. Of course, 2.5 years later I've never touched anything, but knowing the rubber would take it helps. They're affordable and the adhesive is good enough that I'm comfortable they're not coming off unintentionally. Nobody notices them because I went with black, on my gunmetal rims. Me, I'm comfortable with the look so win-win. Other people might prefer flashy colours but mine blend in with the tire right beside them.

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Thread Starter #22
^^^. I'm checking out thier website. 👍

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
In today's world, with bank lobbies closed, where you must go thru the drive thru, I take truck to bank, or will walk up thru a drive thru. Whoever decided on the drive thru width aught to be beat half to death.
Try a drive through in a Raptor (or fingers crossed I’ll try it in a TRX someday). Talk about watching your mirrors!

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Thread Starter #24
Try a drive through in a Raptor (or fingers crossed I’ll try it in a TRX someday). Talk about watching your mirrors!
When I was still in Florida at my apartment, I would have food del via Uber eats with my Corvette, GT350 and the HellCat sitting in the garage/driveway. The drivers would joke on me. "You've got 3 cars but have delivery?". 😂

Yes...because the places I ate had horrible entry/exits to park and the spots were tight. So door-ding central or risk the drive thru curb. Pick your poison.😳😠

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
First brand new car I ever bought was a 2013 Challenger SRT8. Before then had only purchased used cars, so most had a small blemish on them, so it was never me causing the first thing to happen to my cars.
I had also never run into a thing with those used cars, so maybe I added a door ding or something, but not anything serious.
Well had that beautiful brand new Challenger, and was determined to own it for years scratch free. Usually I came home, and put it in the garage ASAP, but this particular day I was going to head back out in about 30 minutes, so left it in the driveway. Suddenly a strong wind whipped up, and my neighbors new trampoline they had purchased just days before, took flight, and well you know what happened next. I was so upset when I saw it, that I had to laugh, or else might have cried. Moral of the story is "Shit happens" don't sweat it.

Last edited: