Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hmm even I am surprised damn now I’ll have to find out on my own lol....GT500 roll race beats the RE!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
That GT is no joke.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'd like to be the 1st to volunteer to help you test your 2 cars (willing to drive either one/both for the tests).

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Let me know if you need some help and I'll come down and drive whichever one of those you want me to....since I know you have both :p

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I'd like to be the 1st to volunteer to help you test your 2 cars (willing to drive either one/both for the tests).
Yeah if We lived close to each other for sure I would let you drive the Redeye.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Let me know if you need some help and I'll come down and drive whichever one of those you want me to....since I know you have both :p
I actually have a friend to drive mine but I always have this jinx feeling when you do all this planning to get out on the open hwy and bam theirs your friend waiting for you up the road:whistle:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
At least in that case, it would appear that the GT500 won the day... in the second race...

But as a side note, 90% of the time, when people are videoing roll racing, SOMEBODY gets the hit (as in the first race in this video, even after they reset). The guy counting down needs some work on his timing and counting too.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Well here’s another one and hot damnit now another project

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
I always assumed the 500 would beat a RE on a roll. It generally traps a little higher in the 1/4 mile. On the strip the RE will best it 90% of the time from an ET stand point tho. Looking forward to see you tests though

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well here’s another one and hot damnit now another project
I don't trust results from anyone who wears a mask & latex gloves while racing in his own car :rolleyes:

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
HC's act like dogs!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
So the Charger has 90 less HP then the Challenger RE and the results look very similar.....Either someone on the Mopar side forgot where the gas pedal is or there's some nonsense going on.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Did seem a little odd.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
At least in that case, it would appear that the GT500 won the day... in the second race...

But as a side note, 90% of the time, when people are videoing roll racing, SOMEBODY gets the hit (as in the first race in this video, even after they reset). The guy counting down needs some work on his timing and counting too.
Getting the hit when two cars are very fast is a big deal no doubt. The GT500 from a roll is not going to go very well for a stock tune Redeye, and as far as the Charger, never know who is stock or not anymore...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Every time in the videos, I see the Ford shutting down at about 150+/-, and knowing just how hard a RE can pull to 150mph hooked up correctly I am skeptical. @ChargerChallenger go run them. If you don’t soon, when we can get to DC again, I’ll let you know and I’ll volunteer to pilot the RE.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I’d like to see a 30 roll with the two cars. I’ll just throw the Redeye in second gear and mash the thing with my drag radials on.. I’d bet money the Redeye pulls on it initially probably half a car.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I can volunteer to ride shotgun to count!

If for some reason, they stop me at the border, this guy comes highly recommended ...

v480z.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Leave the RE in auto, press the accelerator slowly but consistently to the floor. As long as it hooks up, let the 800 hp and the tranny/computer do the rest. I have seen magazine writer after magazine writer playing with those paddle shifters and EVERY ONE of them has lost.

Again, look at the results of the MT giant drag race. From 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile the Redeye was only bettered by an Aston and a McLaren. I have seen 100’s of rolls myself on the courses, and the RE never gets left behind like those videos show, NEVER.

Here, this is the results of several pretty tough new model high performance cars all at WOT. The best gauge on a roll from approx 130-180+ is here....

D1ECC901-50D7-422D-941A-E23C572E9586.jpeg

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If you guys recall... I listed all of the reasons this would happen in the GT500 introductory thread... I hurt a lot of feelings there... but my statements all came to fruition :p

FWIW - in the first video - there was a passenger in the RE during the race. The video guy said there wouldn't be. I believe a passenger in both is fair... if you drive a fat pig of a car you should be punished accordingly.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Can I just say one thing.. I was on the back roads the other day.. I have this one spot about 3 miles in length through the woods 2 lane road.. no cars around.. 2 straights about a mile and the other section is 2 opposite slow sweepers left and right.. I was able to take the sweepers pretty easily In 4 gear about 80mph Using paddle shifters And I’m rolling roughly around the 4000rpm mark there.. coming out of the sweepers the car just absolutely rips.. the RE I notice especially in that 60-120 mph sweet spot with the 3.09 gears. It’s just oh my goodness fast.. now this is the 3rd time I’ve hit up this spot.. now I’m not a professional track driver.. but I’d say I’m an experienced amateur.. I think on a road course scenario and Gatz you can correct me if I’m wrong.. but this car with 797hp has just the perfect amount of power on the street.. in the right settings. I use 9/10 to 10/10 of the power on the street.. you know you watch these YouTube videos you always laugh when people say well you can only use 3/10 or 4/10 of the power.. sure that’s true in normal traffic settings.. but I guess what I’m saying is I literally don’t care and wouldn’t be surprised if the gt500 pulls on the Redeye 120 plus.. but man this RE on a nice backroad setting Is literally about as extreme power wise as you will ever need. I think with 900hp like just doing the lower pulley on the car and minor mods I will eventually do that but dang guys.. this car takes the right driver stock power as is..