Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Here They Come. EV Corvette To Be Produced!!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Meh, drove enough of my brother's vett's to know I never really wanted to own one. Making them electric makes it a 'hard pass'.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Chevrolet unlike Dodge, is going to build BOTH ICE versions and electric versions of it in the next few years. I like that.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The E-Ray has been rumored/talked about since the before the C8 launched.

I find it funny that Chevy dealers can't or won't order you a new Vette because they do not know when they would get it.
Chevy can't seem to build enough of them. Markups are worse on these cars than the Demon had.

And now, if you want a Z06 its either 30k over sticker or wait 3 years.

And they want to introduce an electric or hybrid version?! GM can't even build enough to satisfy demand now. Why build new variants?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
As I;;;;M sitting with my vette shirt on. And yes,, I pre dick this a month a go it waz 3 years in the making. And yes,, my PKR, primary prick doctor has a lime green,, yes lime green Z06. Had to be the last one on the lot. As I was busting his ass about my HC dragging his ass?? Did a race around the US 19 this morn and 62 degrees.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
4 wheel drive. Right at about 11 second mark in video you can see front wheels spinning fast as rears just start spinning.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I would take my Z06 with the ice torque to rear and elec to fronts, if they used the slated V8 on deck to be built.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
As I am a vette owner,, I would own an othother 1. But, not consuming a shine in the makin and fixin to go to Fian says #7s house to visit my Katster. Sir Ppeedy. I wood vote fer you any day. Beezing a feeler Tenn a see ing,, youz got my note sker. Chattanoogan I am. Born and grazed there,, married there,, would not provoke though. Hate her, not that I wood hate any 1,,,,, but her. Out of all Fin ta says, I wood choose a Fiat over her. That is bad.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I would take my Z06 with the ice torque to rear and elec to fronts, if they used the slated V8 on deck to be built.
I think there is going to be some pretty trick stuff in that configuration. They may not give us the hand built Z06 with the electric motors initially. I believe the last and most nasty of the future C8's do get a real evil combination of over 1000 hp. Even Dodge may do that configuration. Hope I keep breathing, this could be fun when it all comes together. For now, even if it is three more years, I'll wait for the Z06 for the right price as it has been promised to me. That is a small piece of my time here on earth.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hell, you talk about you e on yo ll death bed. I a my be a bit olba than ouz butster not dead yet// by noz means. Watch in Street Outlaws and better than them critters thought about beeins. I wood rather than me or ouyaz than a toilet brush.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I agree, I want to be healthy enough to see the last great ice act. Heck I might even be down for ice with electric if it’s done right. They would have to be foolish to remove the visceral personality of the V8, while giving electric combined. Entirely possible they will keep all 3 flavors served simultaneously. Flavor 1 could be the LT6. Flavor 2 LT6 in some variant probably slight detune but with combined Electric up front, and last full Electric. Why not give everyone their favorite flavor if you can please many while keeping the green people at bay, and ice purist happy,

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Past owner of a LT1, Lt3, and could be an owner of?? LT8 but,, off to the H/C ster to sea the Kat ster. Live well and drive well.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Unless that’s the Bonneyville salt flats I would say it’s pretty easy to do 4 wheel burn outs in snow, are they just trying to plant the seed that the Vett is now all season for everywhere. Could be they are trying to make it appealing to those who would buy if it could be used all year. Definitely snow. No I don’t think it’s salt flats.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Best info out there says this is the progression of the C8:
Stingray 495 HP
E Ray 495HP ICE W/Elec front drive of 100 -150 HP
Z06 670 HP Flat Plane crank ICE
ZR1 800 HP Twin Turbo DOHC V8 Cross plane Crank ICE
Zora 800 HP TT DOHC V8 ICE and Elec front wheel assist 200HP
No info or rumor's on the full electric C8 yet

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Good info if true. The Zora would be intense power to weight with all wheel traction, And weight over the rear.