Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Harmon Kardon Audio system

Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 dodge hellcat
Hi all, Im looking to upgrade the subwoofers that come stock with the Harman kardon sound system. Do anyone know the net volume space of the speaker box in the trunk?

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome!

While I did NOT upgrade the HK subs, you can you out this thread for what I did do to improve the sound of that system, which is just terribad...

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/sweet-baby-jesus-the-hk-sound-system-blows-goats.11851/

I have a ton of sound mat leftover from a big project I did on another vehicle and I'll likely end up pulling the subs out to line the sheet metal where they're mounted which should help quite a bit...

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I did a write up, in the Audio section, on how to upgrade the subs.

You'll need to source 10" LOW PROFILE subs.

I installed a pair of SKAR Audio 10" subs and a 400 watt Kicker Class D monoblock amp. 10x better. I actually have bass, now.

The OEM cabin amp will NOT push any aftermarket sub. Each channel is getting about 75 watts RMS. 95 watts peak.

The Hellcat dual sub is fed by three 75 watt channels, from the cabin amp, that are filtered to a mid-bass frequency, not even bass imaging (20hz).

Here's a link:

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/how-to-upgrade-the-dual-oem-hk-woofers.4596/

Take a look at the pix of the OEM speakers. They are a joke.

Hope this helps.

OP
Rmhowzer
Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 dodge hellcat
Thread Starter #4
I did a write up, in the Audio section, on how to upgrade the subs.

You'll need to source 10" LOW PROFILE subs.

I installed a pair of SKAR Audio 10" subs and a 400 watt Kicker Class D monoblock amp. 10x better. I actually have bass, now.

The OEM cabin amp will NOT push any aftermarket sub. Each channel is getting about 75 watts RMS. 95 watts peak.

The Hellcat dual sub is fed by three 75 watt channels, from the cabin amp, that are filtered to a mid-bass frequency, not even bass imaging (20hz).

Here's a link:

https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/how-to-upgrade-the-dual-oem-hk-woofers.4596/

Take a look at the pix of the OEM speakers. They are a joke.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch. I plan to go with the JL Audio 10TW3's with the VXI amp, and then also plan to upgrade all the interior speakers also

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The solution that worked for me in my charger w/base Alpine was to add a JL Acs110lg-tw1 400w self powered sub under the trunk floor. Tapped both rear 6x9's for high level input, ran power & ground. It required trimming of the underside of the folding "door" for the tire tub but otherwise fits directly in the foam tray that we get.

Already having the Dumpsterfire...I mean HK audio...makes it more difficult to upgrade the rest of it...though being a challenger you actually got the sub box we didn't so that's a +1.

Follow @Diboblo 's writeup and modify as needed is where I'd start in this case. I actually got a lot of helpful info from there too.