Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Got a simple question I can't find an answer to.

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Say I have a car tuned with HP Tuners and the car throws a code. Can I cancel the code using a Diablo hand held or go to Auto Zone and use their hand held unit to reset the code?

I'm just curious if I need to spend the $200 for the HP Tuner cables and other items. Since I don't have a clue how to use HP Tuners, it looks like I may be doing some studying on youtube.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...42e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=CQ6XX56JWE8GBQ9V6KV9

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Yes, any reader/clearer can clear the code.
If it comes back, send a log to your tuner.

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
Yes, I use a Diablo Trinity to access or clear codes on my HP tuned Scat.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I use my tazer to clear codes .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #5
Say I have a car tuned with HP Tuners and the car throws a code. Can I cancel the code using a Diablo hand held or go to Auto Zone and use their hand held unit to reset the code?

I'm just curious if I need to spend the $200 for the HP Tuner cables and other items. Since I don't have a clue how to use HP Tuners, it looks like I may be doing some studying on youtube.ttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VCG22KD?pf_rd_p=183f5289-9dc0-416f-942e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=CQ6XX56JWE8GBQ9V6KV9
Well I did some studying on youtube and there is no doubt I can clear a code, I just need the interface between my laptop and the car. I can do OK with a SCT (used on my Mustangs) and the Diablo (used on my Corvettes) but this HP Tuners was a different animal. I already downloaded HP Tuners on my laptop and I'm ready for the simple stuff like clearing codes. At this point I don't feel like I need to purchase any credits as I'm not a tuner or a tuner wanna-be so I expect to use what Alex Peitz programs into the car.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I would invest in a mvpi2 and you will be able to cancel some codes from ever showing up that may be coming on due to your tune example ,,p0420.p0430 ,due to cat deletes and such