Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Exhaust

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Good afternoon folks,

I currently have a catless mids and Corsa xtreme setup on my 2020 Widebody HC Charger. I like the Corsa but I kind of thinking I want an exhaust that is deeper sounding. You guys remember the sound of a Borla S on the WK1 SRT's? I am looking for something that sounds deep like that. Is there any catback that could sound like that or is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks,

-Joe

OP
TorRedHellgato

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
Anyone?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Subb'd

Scar

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
AWE Tuning Exhausts.....................google it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I know it is a shame to cut up a Corsa, I really think our stock exhausts are a most direct copy of the Corsa set up, stock these cars sound very similar. Maybe take out the mid-mufflers and straight-pipe it - leave the rear resonaters though. Be sure the exhaust shop has 2.75 inch piping in stock, seems like they only ever have 2.5" and 3".

I remember back in about 2008 when I put a Corsa on my 300C SRT8 and loved how much better it sounded than stock, and Corsa was the manufacturer of the Mopar-branded catback of the time. Over time the Dodge stock exhausts seem to have copied the design and style.

As far as other brands sounds, some do go deeper tone, I like how the Borla Attack sounds too but the design of those rear resonaters makes me go huh? I know there's lots of options, I like the Corsa/stock-ish sound which is higher-pitch and racy

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've never heard them live; but I hear from Mopar people that the AWE's sound unbelievable.

OP
TorRedHellgato

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Yea I am going to have to hear stuff in person. First mission is to hear an ATAK on a catless HC. I had it on my B5 back in 2016 (wasnt catless then) and I honestly dont remember how it sounded in person. LOL

Also I am going to do a Cam so that will be adding to the sound. lol

Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
Vibrant 1794 mufflers are supposedly deeper and a little louder according to the utube videos I have watched.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Yea I am going to have to hear stuff in person. First mission is to hear an ATAK on a catless HC. I had it on my B5 back in 2016 (wasnt catless then) and I honestly dont remember how it sounded in person. LOL

Also I am going to do a Cam so that will be adding to the sound. lol
I have a MMX NSR cam for sale, any interest? Sounds like this

M0parL1fe

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wadsworth
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I have a MMX NSR cam for sale, any interest? Sounds like this

Wow that sounds amazing!!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chester Springs
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I have done a Solo system, a custom system with small Vibrant resonators and, ultimately found the that large vibrant 1127's for mids with Corsa Sport catback to be the best compromise to eliminate drone. Quiet when cruising and plenty loud when accelerating. It was a difficult install with the large 1127's but allows me to avoid attention when not wanted.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Cam is SOLD

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Good afternoon folks,

I currently have a catless mids and Corsa xtreme setup on my 2020 Widebody HC Charger. I like the Corsa but I kind of thinking I want an exhaust that is deeper sounding. You guys remember the sound of a Borla S on the WK1 SRT's? I am looking for something that sounds deep like that. Is there any catback that could sound like that or is it just wishful thinking?

Thanks,

-Joe
Yeah I'd like to hear some other's as well. I have the AWE touring non resonated now. I bought it mostly because of the black quad tips, no CEL light guaranteed, and supposedly it makes a little more power.

If I am being honest though I am not a fan of the sound. Sounds "cheap" to me....like an old V8 truck with glasspacks on it and it isn't as "deep" as I'd like it to be.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody

You can hear this Solo-Performance system here. Hqs J-tubes out back. I used aftermarket 3" inlet shotgun tips. Sounds glorious on track IMO. More old school sound.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I know it is a shame to cut up a Corsa, I really think our stock exhausts are a most direct copy of the Corsa set up, stock these cars sound very similar. Maybe take out the mid-mufflers and straight-pipe it - leave the rear resonaters though. Be sure the exhaust shop has 2.75 inch piping in stock, seems like they only ever have 2.5" and 3".

I remember back in about 2008 when I put a Corsa on my 300C SRT8 and loved how much better it sounded than stock, and Corsa was the manufacturer of the Mopar-branded catback of the time. Over time the Dodge stock exhausts seem to have copied the design and style.

As far as other brands sounds, some do go deeper tone, I like how the Borla Attack sounds too but the design of those rear resonaters makes me go huh? I know there's lots of options, I like the Corsa/stock-ish sound which is higher-pitch and racy
I am with you. This Demon/Redeye engine sounds sweet just the way it sits. Gave it a small blip last night before parking it after a wash. That raspy, more sporty “higher” pitch is music to me. Every time on the track many people compliment me on the sounds produced by this thing.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I have a real mix N match exhaust on my car .
I start with the cat delete pipes from TTI for my headers to the X pipe . I installed 2 vibrant bullet race mufflers then a flow master X pipe , 2 black widow mufflers , flow master tail pipes with vibrant 1794 resonators just behind the tips . All 3 inch from header collector to tips. So far I like it . I'm really fussy on how my car sounds to me .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

M0parL1fe

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wadsworth
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I start with the cat delete pipes from TTI for my headers to the X pipe . I installed 2 vibrant bullet race mufflers then a flow master X pipe , 2 black widow mufflers , flow master tail pipes with vibrant 1794 resonators just behind the tips . All 3 inch from header collector to tips. So far I like it . I'm really fussy on how my car sounds to me .

That’s like the Frankenstein of exhaust! Would love to hear it. Any clips?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That’s like the Frankenstein of exhaust! Would love to hear it. Any clips?
I will definitely get some shortly. Just dialing in the tuning

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

That has to sound deep.