Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I didn't know Todd was making those. That's a good looking piece.
!st pic I have seen, nothing on their website. I know someone that had the hemituner one and wasn't happy with it. He said it made a lot of noise. Maybe neither made for daily driving?

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
Im going to assume he was not running a diff brace. 🫤

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Ron,
Does the maximum steel Demon you drove
At the Legion race weekend
Have a diff brace?

I think I heard in the video this car has 2,200 passes on it.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #544
Im going to assume he was not running a diff brace. 🫤
You can see it in the first pic.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #545
Ron,
Does the maximum steel Demon you drove
At the Legion race weekend
Have a diff brace?

I think I heard in the video this car has 2,200 passes on it.
He has said good things about having them installed on your car. So, I assume yes.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #546
Well, I have been busy as a bee. I got home from Legions/Mason/TX and I actually left the Truck and Trailer hooked up. Then I headed to Irwindale on Thursday. First run it spun. I did a solid burnout and stalled it up to around 1400 RPM and it spun. I wanted to make a lot of passes, but I like to lay down a number EVERY time if I can. So the next pass a few minutes later I went down a little on my Tire pressure and I left at 900 RPM. The hook is way more reliable at that lower RPM. But you give up about .02 in the sixty. Much to my surprise the car did a PB (at Irwindale) of 6.084 then came right back and did a 6.088. Fully warmed up leaving from just above idle. DA was about +500. This is with the TALLER 29.5 Hoosier DBR's on the car.

5:12 SPUN
5:21 1.350 6.084 114.05
5:31 1.347 6.088 113.73
6:02 1.350 6.116 113.09
6:11 1.346 6.102 113.52
7:35 SPUN
8:09 SPUN
9:07 SPUN
It totally sucks the track prep did not hold up. Tim totally flaked on this. It is what it is. The DA went negative a couple hundred feet which is RARE at Irwindale. Could have easily improved that PB.
1.26.2023 IRWINDALE PB.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well, I have been busy as a bee. I got home from Legions/Mason/TX and I actually left the Truck and Trailer hooked up. Then I headed to Irwindale on Thursday. First run it spun. I did a solid burnout and stalled it up to around 1400 RPM and it spun. I wanted to make a lot of passes, but I like to lay down a number EVERY time if I can. So the next pass a few minutes later I went down a little on my Tire pressure and I left at 900 RPM. The hook is way more reliable at that lower RPM. But you give up about .02 in the sixty. Much to my surprise the car did a PB (at Irwindale) of 6.084 then came right back and did a 6.088. Fully warmed up leaving from just above idle. DA was about +500. This is with the TALLER 29.5 Hoosier DBR's on the car.

5:12 SPUN
5:21 1.350 6.084 114.05
5:31 1.347 6.088 113.73
6:02 1.350 6.116 113.09
6:11 1.346 6.102 113.52
7:35 SPUN
8:09 SPUN
9:07 SPUN
It totally sucks the track prep did not hold up. Tim totally flaked on this. It is what it is. The DA went negative a couple hundred feet which is RARE at Irwindale. Could have easily improved that PB.
View attachment 95227
My best passes have come leaving just above idle

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #548
Raced at Irwindale last night and the car did much better. I honestly think he prepped better. But I remembered the three runs that it spun last week it actually was motivating but it was chattering the tires. So I decided to run more tire pressure this week. I zeroed in on about 18.5 PSI hot and it seemed to do real well. Hooked on ALL passes, but still leaving just above idle. It did have the hoosier wobble on just one random pass. Pressure and burnout were consistent with the other runs. I had called Hoosier again and spoke to them. He could not offer a known cure. Just some things that he thought might help.......

5:12 1.360 6.166 112.73
5:45 1.348 6.142 112.89
6:27 1.334 6.119 113.12
6:54 1.325 6.105 113.25
7:36 1.334 6.102 113.45
8:29 1.325 6.106 113.12
9:04 1.337 6.094 113.59

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Raced at Irwindale last night and the car did much better. I honestly think he prepped better. But I remembered the three runs that it spun last week it actually was motivating but it was chattering the tires. So I decided to run more tire pressure this week. I zeroed in on about 18.5 PSI hot and it seemed to do real well. Hooked on ALL passes, but still leaving just above idle. It did have the hoosier wobble on just one random pass. Pressure and burnout were consistent with the other runs. I had called Hoosier again and spoke to them. He could not offer a known cure. Just some things that he thought might help.......

5:12 1.360 6.166 112.73
5:45 1.348 6.142 112.89
6:27 1.334 6.119 113.12
6:54 1.325 6.105 113.25
7:36 1.334 6.102 113.45
8:29 1.325 6.106 113.12
9:04 1.337 6.094 113.59
So you have owned and raced two Demons and one Red Eye (or was it an SS?)...what's the difference between the two on a drag track?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #550
So you have owned and raced two Demons and one Red Eye (or was it an SS?)...what's the difference between the two on a drag track?
Well, the RedEye would NEVER make the 1-2 shift at WOT full power. Not ever. But honestly, I think that car was slightly faster than the Super Stock if it would have shifted properly. The Super Stock ran a best of 9.95 pure stock. It ran 9.90 LOWERING the shift points RPM from stock. The Demons setup similarly, ran 9.55 and 9.56. The current Demon with further weight reduction ran 9.46.

The RedEye did make ONE, 1-2 shift but that was because it was chattering the tires and the Launch Assist was using ESP to reduce power. On that run it was over a TENTH quicker to the 1/8th. Let that sink in a little bit.

On the Super Stock I never mixed fuel. So there was likely another Tenth in that car.

If the cars really were setup the same and worked properly I think the Super Stock likely would have only been about .3 to .4 slower. But that is the point. The Demon works better out of the box in -1000 ft DA. And the others don't.

Also to consider. The 21 and up Super Stocks short shift the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts so they suck in positive DA but likely work somewhat better in that -1000 ft DA.

Knowing what I know now, I would LOVE to have that 2020 Super Stock back. I would mix fuel, do the further the weight reduction to it and then add my last discovery to it. That thing would fly............

Not sure if this is what you were asking.......

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, the RedEye would NEVER make the 1-2 shift at WOT full power. Not ever. But honestly, I think that car was slightly faster than the Super Stock if it would have shifted properly. The Super Stock ran a best of 9.95 pure stock. It ran 9.90 LOWERING the shift points RPM from stock. The Demons setup similarly, ran 9.55 and 9.56. The current Demon with further weight reduction ran 9.46.

The RedEye did make ONE, 1-2 shift but that was because it was chattering the tires and the Launch Assist was using ESP to reduce power. On that run it was over a TENTH quicker to the 1/8th. Let that sink in a little bit.

On the Super Stock I never mixed fuel. So there was likely another Tenth in that car.

If the cars really were setup the same and worked properly I think the Super Stock likely would have only been about .3 to .4 slower. But that is the point. The Demon works better out of the box in -1000 ft DA. And the others don't.

Also to consider. The 21 and up Super Stocks short shift the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts so they suck in positive DA but likely work somewhat better in that -1000 ft DA.

Knowing what I know now, I would LOVE to have that 2020 Super Stock back. I would mix fuel, do the further the weight reduction to it and then add my last discovery to it. That thing would fly............

Not sure if this is what you were asking.......
It's EXACTLY what I was asking. Thank you.

So, not surprisingly, the Demon is the all-around winner. Though, your comment about wanting the 2020 SS back. Is that because it was set up differently from teh factory (vs say a 21 or 22 SS)? And even on 100 octane, I assume that 20 SS would still not come close to your best times with the Demon, yes?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #552
It's EXACTLY what I was asking. Thank you.

So, not surprisingly, the Demon is the all-around winner. Though, your comment about wanting the 2020 SS back. Is that because it was set up differently from teh factory (vs say a 21 or 22 SS)? And even on 100 octane, I assume that 20 SS would still not come close to your best times with the Demon, yes?
The 2020 Super Stock was set up to shift really hard right at 6300 on the 1-2 shift from the factory. So, shift at the last second, and shift really hard to make it a positive control of the ever rising RPM. I dug it. Unfortunately I took a bunch of weight out of it and put it in negative DA and then it would clip the rev limiter on the 1-2 and the 2-3. The car worked excellently at zero to positive DA.

Yes, I think the ultimate times for the 2020 SS with stock calibrations would be in the 9.80's for sure but not even close to the Demon.

My Friends 2022 shifts at 5300 1-2 and something like 5800 on the 2-3 shift. And he took 300 pounds out of the car. Stock weight it would be even worse.

I want that car back because I never got the best times out of it and I think it is rare being only one year with the tune like that. If I can't get one of the #7 last call cars I likely will buy another Demon or go seatching for that car.......

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The 2020 Super Stock was set up to shift really hard right at 6300 on the 1-2 shift from the factory. So, shift at the last second, and shift really hard to make it a positive control of the ever rising RPM. I dug it. Unfortunately I took a bunch of weight out of it and put it in negative DA and then it would clip the rev limiter on the 1-2 and the 2-3. The car worked excellently at zero to positive DA.

Yes, I think the ultimate times for the 2020 SS with stock calibrations would be in the 9.80's for sure but not even close to the Demon.

My Friends 2022 shifts at 5300 1-2 and something like 5800 on the 2-3 shift. And he took 300 pounds out of the car. Stock weight it would be even worse.

I want that car back because I never got the best times out of it and I think it is rare being only one year with the tune like that. If I can't get one of the #7 last call cars I likely will buy another Demon or go seatching for that car.......
I almost ordered a 2020 Super Stock but we couldn't agree on the trade of the Charger. I often look back and think that it was a mistake.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Ok, so for Demon drag racing, what's your set up? I read that you go WOT at 900rpm or so with foot brake. Is the OEM 1-2 and 2-3 shift points for all Demons good as is or is there a need to tweak it? If so how did you mod it? Does the Demon setup for you vary depending on DA or is it box stock good to go no matter what the weather/DA? As for slicks, I assume you still use MTs? What is the optimal tire PSI or does that change track to track DA to DA?

Sorry for the q's but you're the man on this and to NOT take lessons learned from you is pure stupidity! ;)

PS Buy another Demon...you sold your second Demon?

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I almost ordered a 2020 Super Stock but we couldn't agree on the trade of the Charger. I often look back and think that it was a mistake.
Too pricey now?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It was $72K with power dollars rebate. A base car with just a few options. Today far to expensive.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #557
Ok, so for Demon drag racing, what's your set up? I read that you go WOT at 900rpm or so with foot brake. Is the OEM 1-2 and 2-3 shift points for all Demons good as is or is there a need to tweak it? If so how did you mod it? Does the Demon setup for you vary depending on DA or is it box stock good to go no matter what the weather/DA? As for slicks, I assume you still use MTs? What is the optimal tire PSI or does that change track to track DA to DA?

Sorry for the q's but you're the man on this and to NOT take lessons learned from you is pure stupidity! ;)

PS Buy another Demon...you sold your second Demon?
As far as my setup you will have to ask very specific questions including the conditions etc. Example: When you set the record, what tire were you running? What was your launch RPM on that run? What pressure where you running etc. Be specific. I think a lot of this is in this thread. The setup was posted on my Facebook page SRT DEMON. Now I will answer what I can from this post.....
The Demons have plenty of issues with Hiccups on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. They are what they are. If you want to change them then you will have to do a TCM tune and if you want to raise them at all you will need to tune the PCM. I am stock so I have not changed any of that. NO car is good to go with OEM shift points. Example: What do you think a Demon would do if you pulled 1000 pounds out of it and ran it in negative 1000 DA when the motor is going to have about 880 HP? I am stock so I am trying to max the car out with available tools and chase the good DA etc.
I have never ran a MT on this car. I have some in the closet if I need them to drive around on or to pass TECH, but they are still brand new.Optimal PSI is going to vary from Prep to Prep and yes of course it will change with DA. Because DA is horsepower. So the tire is going to have to apply more or less HP to the track surface. The Hoosiers that I am running now were reccomended from 16 to 24 PSI. I have that in writing. But 16 PSI would be on a light car with low HP. So a Demon will use more.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
As far as my setup you will have to ask very specific questions including the conditions etc. Example: When you set the record, what tire were you running? What was your launch RPM on that run? What pressure where you running etc. Be specific. I think a lot of this is in this thread. The setup was posted on my Facebook page SRT DEMON. Now I will answer what I can from this post.....
The Demons have plenty of issues with Hiccups on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. They are what they are. If you want to change them then you will have to do a TCM tune and if you want to raise them at all you will need to tune the PCM. I am stock so I have not changed any of that. NO car is good to go with OEM shift points. Example: What do you think a Demon would do if you pulled 1000 pounds out of it and ran it in negative 1000 DA when the motor is going to have about 880 HP? I am stock so I am trying to max the car out with available tools and chase the good DA etc.
I have never ran a MT on this car. I have some in the closet if I need them to drive around on or to pass TECH, but they are still brand new.Optimal PSI is going to vary from Prep to Prep and yes of course it will change with DA. Because DA is horsepower. So the tire is going to have to apply more or less HP to the track surface. The Hoosiers that I am running now were reccomended from 16 to 24 PSI. I have that in writing. But 16 PSI would be on a light car with low HP. So a Demon will use more.
Thank you. Yeah I know what I asked was quite general. I also realize that DA (HP) will change the optimum settings for each outing. Likely even run to run as the DA changes. Interesting about shift point and weight. Didn't think about that but yes, makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your time responding, very helpful!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So my question is why a Demon would run .4 faster than a SS equipped the same and in same DA? Is it the extra HP from the crate PCM? Other than that they're the same car yes?

Those times are REALLY good. I raced a Demon at Moparty last year. DA was +2450. I ran a 9.99 at 138 in the 1/4 shooting for a 10.00 and 6.47 at 111 in the 1/8. He ran a 10.21 at 134 in the 1/4 and 6.56 at 106 in the 1/8. So your car is trapping 6-7mph more.

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #560
So my question is why a Demon would run .4 faster than a SS equipped the same and in same DA? Is it the extra HP from the crate PCM? Other than that they're the same car yes?

Those times are REALLY good. I raced a Demon at Moparty last year. DA was +2450. I ran a 9.99 at 138 in the 1/4 shooting for a 10.00 and 6.47 at 111 in the 1/8. He ran a 10.21 at 134 in the 1/4 and 6.56 at 106 in the 1/8. So your car is trapping 6-7mph more.
Most of the difference is the Crate PCM and the 100 octane tune. I think I was told the Demon race tune runs 5 deg more timing. There is the hood. I think there are some other minor differences in the suspension and the front brakes. And the demons have more factory weight reduction. In other words you can get them lighter. My Friend has done a LOT to reduce the weight of his 22 Super Stock and my car is still quite a bit lighter being an original one seat car. I still think the Demon handles being in lower DA and the weight reduction better as far as the TCM tune. Right now I am completely sold on the taller tire being the answer to resetting the ET record in really good, negative DA and, at the weight I am running. I am planning on selling my second set of win lites with the shorter Hoosier DBR's and running the taller tire full time.

Last edited: