Welcome to the #1 SRT Forum and SRT community dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dick’s Sporting Goods Destroyed $5 Million Worth of Guns

tkracing1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 challenger
I don't shop at Dick's and this is just another reminder why...

Markp

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaughan, Ontario
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Redeye
Dick is a dick.

Blkout

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat

PaVaSteeler

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Manassas
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Challenger 1320
Might serve to learn the facts behind the headlines

From the CEO of Dick’s just published book:

“If we stopped selling guns altogether, we’d be punishing those customers, some of whom had been with us for sixty years — men and women who knew to treat firearms with respect and who used them for legitimate sport,” Stack wrote. “Did it make sense to needlessly alienate loyal Dick’s customers who bought shotguns and deer rifles, and were law-abiding and do-right citizens?”

Ultimately, Dick’s pulled all military-style weapons from its stores and banned high-capacity magazines and “bump stocks” that could effectively convert semiautomatic weapons into machine guns. Stack also announced Dick’s would not sell firearms to people younger than 21.

[145 CEOs implore Senate to act on gun violence, saying doing nothing is ‘simply unacceptable’]

But that strategy did not cushion the company entirely. The policy changes after Parkland cost the company about $250 million in sales, Stack said. (The company has never disclosed what share of its sales come from gun sales alone.) For the fiscal year ending Feb. 2, 2019, same-store sales fell 3.1 percent, according to company earnings, with Stack blaming much of the slump on gun issues. Customers boycotted the company, and more than 60 employees quit.

But there is evidence of a turnaround. In August, Dick’s announced same store sales jumped 3.2 percent in the second quarter — its strongest showing since 2016 — and the company raised its full-year guidance.

Mean Cat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Challenger Hellcat

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
The fact the CEO made the statement they stopped selling “military style” weapons which they never sold because those have been illegal to sell to the public for decades and that a bump stock turns a semi-automatic into a “machine” gun, which is ridiculous, tells me Dicks wasn’t qualified to sell weapons in the first place. Someone please explain to me what a “military” style weapon is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBAYCRAB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Challenger WB Redeye

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Redeye
I will not set foot in one again. Let’s all not shop there. I’m sure somehow, someway, that will save a life also.

landoawd

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I will not set foot in one again.
If you didn't stop a year or more ago, when they started with their "assault" weapon/high-cap nonsense, you're behind the curve. :)

Jungle Cat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ruger mini 14 Wood stock and same Ammo and operating principle as an AR and still legal in states where ARs are banned. But it’s not black and scary oooh.

Jungle Cat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Also screw The NY Times and their pay wall. I wouldn’t wipe my ass with that rag.

Jungle Cat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat

45-70govt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Dick is an idiot! I would much rather be shot with an AR-15 that they don't sell, then the 30.06 that they still sell. What a gun racist, only banning them because they are black and scary looking, and people have seen them on the news....

PaVaSteeler

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Manassas
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Challenger 1320
I don't understand all the hoopla....$5 million in "AR-15 like" guns, at (approx) $500 a gun is what, 10,000 of them? That's what, about 0.2% of the total number manufactured in the US???

Mountain out of a molehill.

Boris

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Rammer
This is a non story made to get people to feel good about Dick's sporting goods and go buy more shit they don't need

Besides, you should support your local gun shop anyway

landoawd

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's voting with your wallet. Anyone that can, should, irrespective of party, issue, etc.

OLDBAYCRAB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
This video is just too disturbing. What in the hell is it all about. Very odd indeed.
I have no idea either. Imagine if there were children around them when they did this. I guess mommy could say that daddy was just being himself. A big d*ck.

OBC

Av8ing1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Charger Hellcat
Have not shopped there since they started this idiocy. Don't care if they changed their policy, never going again. Lots of other choices. Their customers can feel good about shopping at snowflake sporting goods and I can feel good about not. Everyone is happy.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Hellcat Challenger
As soon as I read or hear "if it just saves one life" I tune out because something stupid is coming next.