Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Drag Pak information

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I was at the U.S. Nationals this last weekend watching the Factory Stock racing with the COPO Camaro's, Cobra Jet Mustangs and Drag Pak Challengers putting up some impressive "stock" numbers and it got me wondering, what is the setup on the Drag Pak Challengers? I have to admit I don't know much about the Drag Pak, but they where outrageously fast - Mark Pawuck ran a 7.86 at 173mph. The announcer was hyping the new class saying they were all supercharged smallblocks, supposedly they run a 5.7? What do you know about them? Seems like the information is limited from what I have seen so far...

Last edited:

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
426 cid NA aluminum block 7.0L Hemi V8
or
354 cid supercharged Hemi V8
Both are 'believed" to be over 900hp from the factory, but FCA wont exactly say. Other goodies include full race transmissions, 15 drag wheels, unique Mopar K-Member, double adjustable struts. Backend has four-link suspension w/ Panhard bar, Strange Engineering solid axle, 9-inch aluminum third member, 40-spline axles, adjustable shocks and an anti-roll bar. meet all NHRA specs out of the box. Dodge says they are 8 sec cars as delivered. Very limited production. (under 55 units total I think it is) No vin.prices are in/about/around $100k

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They need to replace Pro Stock with it

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Leah Pritchett did a hell of a wheelie at the US Nationals in her Challenger!

OP
72 440 Barracuda

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Leah Pritchett did a hell of a wheelie at the US Nationals in her Challenger!
Yes - a very impressive wheelie! She lost the race though. The wheelie contributed to her loss I think. One of the things I wanted to go to Indy for was to watch the factory stock class run - I enjoyed that! They didnt run the class in Seattle...

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
NHRA needs to make up their mind with what they're doing with ProStock and Factory Stock / Factory Super Stock. They're only running about 6 or so ProStock races this year. Three of them were in the "Western Swing" (DEN -SFO-SEA). Probably don't run those Factory S/SS cars when they run ProStock?

I think the Factory S/SS cars are very similar to the '70s ProStock cars when that class was first created. They kept making them faster and faster; went to a full tube chassis and now there's nothing close to stock about it.

These Factory S/SS cars are way more "relatable". ProStock has run it's course. Time to end it NHRA! Keep Factory Stock in the Sportsman class and make Factory Super Stock a Pro class. I want to see those cars on TV at each race....and NOT just the FINALS!!

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
NHRA has finally got a good TV pkg. Why they waste it on endless TF, FC, Obsolete Camaro PS, and bikes. Sure we need coverage of the top fuel classes but not the social media coverage of teams and five replays of each round. Why not Sportsman classes from the semis on ?? Factory stock should be a fully covered like pro mod. Even when they have a "sportsman" dedicated show it's 90% TAD and TAFC. I don't need to see every round of that vs more sportsman coverage.

Does NHRA ever do a focus group on what viewer, members really want to see? Don't think so.

OP
72 440 Barracuda

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
NHRA has finally got a good TV pkg. Why they waste it on endless TF, FC, Obsolete Camaro PS, and bikes. Sure we need coverage of the top fuel classes but not the social media coverage of teams and five replays of each round. Why not Sportsman classes from the semis on ?? Factory stock should be a fully covered like pro mod. Even when they have a "sportsman" dedicated show it's 90% TAD and TAFC. I don't need to see every round of that vs more sportsman coverage.

Does NHRA ever do a focus group on what viewer, members really want to see? Don't think so.
I would have to agree - the factory stock was pretty awesome to see, but NHRA didnt have it at my national event. After attending the U.S. Nationals in Indy I saw how limited the Nortwest Nationals (Seattle) were. I would like to see more racing I can connect with - such as sportsmen and factory stock.