Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Blackstone Oil Analysis

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
U guys should be adding RevX to ur motors. Its the real deal and actually works! Buddy checked his logs and his oil pressure was near zero and the motor still lived (oil pump failed or something cant remember) he swears by this shit and puts it in ALL of his cars even his DD.

Sreve Morris doesnt sell much shit. The dude is one the best engine builders on the planet and he had a similar issue with low oil poressure after a pass and his 4500 hp engine lived to see another day with only some light bearing damage. So IMO if this dude is recommending a product it probaby REALLY works considering its the ONLY product he sells that isnt an engine part!!!!!

https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/rev-x-products-1.html

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yes, it's a thread about Blackstone, but for more in-depth and telling analysis I prefer using Oil Analyzers.

It's the same lab that Amsoil uses if you send your samples to them.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Yes, it's a thread about Blackstone, but for more in-depth and telling analysis I prefer using Oil Analyzers.

It's the same lab that Amsoil uses if you send your samples to them.
Do you have an example of one of their reports for comparison? Just curious what they show.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I would imagine that the reports look quite similar. It's how the two labs arrive at their data that differs.

There's one important number that Blackstone supposedly uses some formula to arrive at, rather than actual analysis results. Similar to Ram's algorithms for oil pressure rather than real oil pressure readings, I suppose.

People who know far more about this stuff than I do (like the guy who "analyzed" this analysis for me) won't use Blackstone since their reports apparently don't tell the whole story.

Does it matter to someone like me? No, because I wouldn't know how to completely interpret the results anyway. But in this particular case we definitely wanted to know as much as possible when testing 2-year old oil in two 'Cats with basically identical mileage and time on their oil.

And, for about the same cost, given the choice I prefer the batter analysis no matter what. DSCN5421[1].JPG

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
I would imagine that the reports look quite similar. It's how the two labs arrive at their data that differs.

There's one important number that Blackstone supposedly uses some formula to arrive at, rather than actual analysis results. Similar to Ram's algorithms for oil pressure rather than real oil pressure readings, I suppose.

People who know far more about this stuff than I do (like the guy who "analyzed" this analysis for me) won't use Blackstone since their reports apparently don't tell the whole story.

Does it matter to someone like me? No, because I wouldn't know how to completely interpret the results anyway. But in this particular case we definitely wanted to know as much as possible when testing 2-year old oil in two 'Cats with basically identical mileage and time on their oil.

And, for about the same cost, given the choice I prefer the batter analysis no matter what. View attachment 137611
Comments tell you nothing. So much for an analysis of the data, looks like they just send you the data and say you analyze it

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, it's easy enough to find out what ppm of what would be the norm for an engine.

And the idea is not so much to see only the current results but see trends as more samples are taken. But obviously it'll only take one sample to see if there's something unusual that needs attention.

Saved me a lot of money when taking a sample on a new to me engine and there was coolant in the oil, for example.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The lack of commentary is why I stopped using Oil Analyzers and moved to Blackstone. You can also call Blackstone and get a savvy person on the phone quick when needed.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
The lack of commentary is why I stopped using Oil Analyzers and moved to Blackstone. You can also call Blackstone and get a savvy person on the phone quick when needed.
Yup, the Blackstone labguys were so excited when I sent them the autopsy photos of my 6.5 diesel's main and rod bearings. And again when I sent them the pinion bearing photos. They love to see their predictions going to good use: like saving your cross country vacation by letting you know you need to swap engines before you go or you're gonna wind up on the side of the road spending all your vacation money to get your truck towed back home.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Not sure what they should've commented on, other than the comment that's on the report, when it's a near perfect sample. And the first one.

Besides, something got lost in the translation of the paperwork I sent Amsoil, so they commented on that they couldn't provide meaningful results in the original report because of the missing info. I called, and they redid the report with the new and needed info. Very helpful and nice people, I thought.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Here's somebody else's report, same engine, different application.

More comments, because the fuel dilution was starting to affect the oil. Just like it should be, I think. 1714512765439.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not a ding. I used Oil Analyzers for years on a couple vehicles. Just personally like Blackstone better.

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Interesting about the fuel dilution in the oil. Like with e85 living in a cold climate and washing the cylinders during cold startups 🤔🤔🤔

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
Will be interesting to see what mine says, early og hellcat engines had a lot of blow by because of the ring gap

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You think later Hellcats had gaps tightened?

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
I honestly don’t know, with as many of these that are rebuilt you’d think someone would check. More engine builders should make content like that

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will be sending in the oil for analysis on the 170 soon. It has 675 miles. I am a believer of early oil change during break in miles. Looking forward to getting the 1500 miles on it to catch good DA at the track before it gets into warmer months. Still early in season In the North East.
Our da appears to be gone already. Had a couple good days in April. The FAST race at 131 is a week and a half away and looks like it will be around 70. Needs to be closer to 55

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Our da appears to be gone already. Had a couple good days in April. The FAST race at 131 is a week and a half away and looks like it will be around 70. Needs to be closer to 55
I wish I had 70. 90s from here on out, 2700+ da. 9.8 regardless of weather. Cooler would be better of course. Chiller doesn’t help with grain size and humidity

OP
Unholy707

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
I haven’t ran in below 85 degrees out

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I haven’t ran in below 85 degrees out
And that was at night, in February, right?