Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone Ever Use the Factory Supplied AIR DEFLECTORS???

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
When I bought my RE it came with a small box that had heavy flat plates and small U bolts to fasten them to lower control arm and deflect air toward the brakes. These seem pretty useless to me. The air ducts themselves look a little weak coming off the lower air dam. They are not vey big and are just hanging under the front of car. If you were going at speed it would seem there's no way the air would go to the brakes (hence the deflectors ,I guess). But even so the whole thing looks janky and hobbled together not engineered. My 6.1L SRT had big ducts through the air dam pointed right at the brakes but with all the coolers and fresh air intake duct work they obviously couldn't fit them. SO my question is the brake duct work system on the Hellcats/RE bogus, and just to say they're there for us. I guess the best one to answer this would be @DGatzby if he cares to put in input.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
You should take the car to a wind tunnel to gather the data required to refute the engineers. It's the only way this topic could be honestly resolved.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Installed on my B5 👍 947E609C-A4F6-4727-835B-355E5F723055.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
When I bought my RE it came with a small box that had heavy flat plates and small U bolts to fasten them to lower control arm and deflect air toward the brakes. These seem pretty useless to me. The air ducts themselves look a little weak coming off the lower air dam. They are not vey big and are just hanging under the front of car. If you were going at speed it would seem there's no way the air would go to the brakes (hence the deflectors ,I guess). But even so the whole thing looks janky and hobbled together not engineered. My 6.1L SRT had big ducts through the air dam pointed right at the brakes but with all the coolers and fresh air intake duct work they obviously couldn't fit them. SO my question is the brake duct work system on the Hellcats/RE bogus, and just to say they're there for us. I guess the best one to answer this would be @DGatzby if he cares to put in input.
I booted them up, why not? I believe some folks have actually purchased the package and added it to non-Redeye's! I guess I could shoot the front brake temps with after a session and block them off and try again sometime to really reveal if they function. Nah, I am a believer, they have to deflect just a bit of air. For just the street, I am not sure it benefits much.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
They are only offered on the Redeye so that has to tell you something. Street driving will never put these to use but I would be glad I have them racing on a track.Unless you have a engineering degree and can prove otherwise I would install them for the track days.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
They are only offered on the Redeye so that has to tell you something.
My 2019 Hellcat would strongly disagree. As it has both the ducts under the splitter and the plates mounted to the control arms. This design is NOT a new concept as lots of performance cars have used something similar over the years.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
My 2019 Hellcat would strongly disagree. As it has both the ducts under the splitter and the plates mounted to the control arms. This design is NOT a new concept as lots of performance cars have used something similar over the years.
I guess I should have said they are only factory installed on the Redeye sorry for the misinformation. LoL

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I guess I should have said they are only factory installed on the Redeye sorry for the misinformation. LoL
I believe you need to try again. Mine are all factory installed parts. No over the counter BS here.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
I had a 19 Hellcat non Redeye before the 19 Redeye and my Hellcat did not come with them. I do have a new in the box air damn and deflectors that I bought for that car but never put them on because of the trade up I did for the Redeye.Is yours a WB maybe they are on the Hellcat WB as standard . Both my cars were the narrow body cars

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I had a 19 Hellcat non Redeye before the 19 Redeye and my Hellcat did not come with them. I do have a new in the box air damn and deflectors that I bought for that car but never put them on because of the trade up I did for the Redeye.Is yours a WB maybe they are on the Hellcat WB as standard . Both my cars were the narrow body cars
Correct, mine is a WB - there is more to be gained in the package than just wider wheels and tires.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Correct, mine is a WB - there is more to be gained in the package than just wider wheels and tires.
Yes that makes sense since the Hellcat WB is more a track car needing to keep those brakes cool. Redeye's have that extra 4mph speed advantage (199 To 203) so they need that extra cooling . Have not tested that yet to see

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I have an 18 WB and It does not have this option nor did I get them with the car. Must be a Redeye thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I also did a quick parts check and looks like it’s a discontinued part and according to factorymopardirect it says also won’t fit a 2018 WB. Weird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I bought a set and put them on my 15...I figured for 40 bucks, why not.

If you aren't road coursing your car, I wouldn't even bother with them.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hell, even some members are purchasing the kit, and installing them on older Hellcats.

There's even talk of a new rotor company that might provide them with their rotor kits.

You know, just saying.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Hell, even some members are purchasing the kit, and installing them on older Hellcats.

There's even talk of a new rotor company that might provide them with their rotor kits.

You know, just saying.
Such a tease...

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

You know, just saying.
Huh?

Seriously?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I'm running them, on my 15 HC Charger.

Every little bit helps :)

Bob

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe Dodge supplied them to scratch the itch of many owners of having 2 pieces of plastic bolted to their cars. Maybe they thought the owners will permanently install the air scoops instead of the splitter guards.