Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another down...

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
For a car brand that has no previous ventures into EV, they’re jumping with both feet first here.

Anyone want to start a joint venture of buying up all great ICE vehicles and storing them for the next few years? We could corner the market. Wish I had the time, money and space to do so.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Maybe things improved with these. But there were some pretty big quality issues with this engine at one point.

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I have a 2015. 65k miles. Haven't had any issues with mine. Change oil every 5k, fuel filter every 15k.

I know there were some EGR issues with some pretty bad effects (like a few trucks burned to the ground in the side of the highway). Haven't heard much else. @jonx96 , what else did you hear about?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I have a 2015. 65k miles. Haven't had any issues with mine. Change oil every 5k, fuel filter every 15k.

I know there were some EGR issues with some pretty bad effects (like a few trucks burned to the ground in the side of the highway). Haven't heard much else. @jonx96 , what else did you hear about?
Like a lot of earlier diesels with the emissions. It could be all result of the emissions.
I had a friend that had 2 engines let go on him. But puts 75k miles a year on tho

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yep uh huh Stellantis in the End will destroy Dodge…..just read the latest European Flair in Charge. And once the reality hits when the Ice is gone and the Americans kick the Hornet to the curb and all the profits tank…..bye bye Dodge.

Tavares Talks Up Dodge, Chrysler Brands, Even as Models Disappear
Can Dodge and Chrysler survive the departure of the 300 sedan, Challenger coupe, and Charger sedan? CEO Carlos Tavares sounds upbeat.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/auto-...s-ceo-carlos-tavares-talks-up-dodge-chrysler/

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Like a lot of earlier diesels with the emissions. It could be all result of the emissions.
I had a friend that had 2 engines let go on him. But puts 75k miles a year on tho
Holy crap that's a lot of miles. :oops:

Hopefully mine will last me for a long time. Doing everything I can to make it last. 😌

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Holy crap that's a lot of miles. :oops:

Hopefully mine will last me for a long time. Doing everything I can to make it last. 😌
I owned two of them different years no issues. But the Italian built marine engine was my understanding did always concern me. But thought it was built for the military and figured it would be pretty good. My info could be off but thought it was a true and tried motor around for years before they brought to America and put it in trucks.

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
A buddy's wife is working on the RAM EV project. I already told her...500 miles towing per charge or no interest.

Honestly, no interest anyway, but the fact remains.

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
I owned two of them different years no issues. But the Italian built marine engine was my understanding did always concern me. But thought it was built for the military and figured it would be pretty good. My info could be off but thought it was a true and tried motor around for years before they brought to America and put it in trucks.
Hadn't heard it was a marine engine, but did hear it was in production for ~10 years in Europe before coming to the US.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
A buddy's wife is working on the RAM EV project. I already told her...500 miles towing per charge or no interest.

Honestly, no interest anyway, but the fact remains.

Or at the very least, 300 miles towing and 20min recharge to the 300miles (not just 80% of the 300)

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Or at the very least, 300 miles towing and 20min recharge to the 300miles (not just 80% of the 300)
Bare minimum :)

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Get woke, go broke...

Dodge, Stellantis, whatever TF you wanna call them is gonna find that out in extremely short order, much to Ford's, in particular, delight...

Now if Ford could just figure out how to keep their Mustang's from spinning out of control and into crowds of people they'll be all set! :p

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Had a '99 3500 Cummins quad-cab dually SLT that I bought brand new to tow my race rig, and it officially initiated my journey from life-long Chevy to a Mopar nut today. What the enviro-loonies have forced them to do them to keep them "compliant" over the past 20+ years is nothing short of a travesty. I would never buy one today. Wonder how much longer the Cummins will survive - hopefully a long time for those that need a HD truck. Sad day.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
I guess they are that stupid. When you let a bunch of Europeans dictate the North American market. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Sea' la vie.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
How many do they sell? For most people, the 5.7 is a cheaper, more drivable and faster option. I ordered a 1500 with a 5.7 even though I do some towing, plowing and hauling, but not much. If I did a lot, I would have ordered the 2500, which I think most people would do, and the diesels will continue to be available in the 3/4 and 1 ton's. They may just be economizing by eliminating less popular configurations.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
For a car brand that has no previous ventures into EV, they’re jumping with both feet first here.

Anyone want to start a joint venture of buying up all great ICE vehicles and storing them for the next few years? We could corner the market. Wish I had the time, money and space to do so.
Joint venture:unsure::unsure:...CC's doin it all by himself...BTW,,,anybody got a cadaver dog...might not be a bad idea to have him take a stroll around CC's back yard...her mails startin to pile up @ the post office..o_Oo_Oo_O

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep uh huh Stellantis in the End will destroy Dodge…..just read the latest European Flair in Charge. And once the reality hits when the Ice is gone and the Americans kick the Hornet to the curb and all the profits tank…..bye bye Dodge.

Tavares Talks Up Dodge, Chrysler Brands, Even as Models Disappear
Can Dodge and Chrysler survive the departure of the 300 sedan, Challenger coupe, and Charger sedan? CEO Carlos Tavares sounds upbeat.
https://www.autoweek.com/news/auto-...s-ceo-carlos-tavares-talks-up-dodge-chrysler/
Milking the cash before they are done. No car brand ever survives after its models all get stripped away.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I guess they are that stupid. When you let a bunch of Europeans dictate the North American market. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Sea' la vie.
They had to leave the US once before. Looking like they believe that they can cram euro trash cars down our throat.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
When our Paisan Sergio Marchionne went to the great race track in the sky, our days were numbered, He would not put up with this bs, and when he was around, he didn't. Do you think ole Sergio gave two s@#ts about what some slack-jawed globalist/climate alarmist from France thought? Hell no, he tells them" vafanculla!" which means have a nice day in Italian, and swigs a shot of Galliano...

Last edited: