Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

advanced fluid dynamics proflex commander

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
You cannot adjust timing between fuels.

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #3
You cannot adjust timing between fuels.
This is like a stand alone system instead of actually tuning it?

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
With hp tuners you install their flex fuel patch. This allows tuning for different fuels which is “detected” by the wide bands.
When I talked to this company last year the only adjustment it does between fuels is fueling changes for the fuel.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Racine
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango
I just installed this kit on my SRT and i get a cel P020-1 through 8 depending on the injector that doesn’t like it.
I contacted PROFLEX today via phone and the guy was pretty cool and seemed intelligent in regards to e85.
He said the cel was what they call a “ghost cel” and i would be able to turn it off with hp tuners. I’m still on the fence whether i want to keep this kit or not.

Attachments

Member ID
Reactions
City
Racine
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango
With hp tuners you install their flex fuel patch. This allows tuning for different fuels which is “detected” by the wide bands.
When I talked to this company last year the only adjustment it does between fuels is fueling changes for the fuel.
but this would only be vehicles that came with a wide band from factory.. not the typical SRT Durango and Jeep

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
but this would only be vehicles that came with a wide band from factory.. not the typical SRT Durango and Jeep
That’s true. But he was referring to a hellcat.
personal I don’t know if I’d tune a car with one of these and tell the customer they cannot go WOT on 93. I know I’d for sure make them sign a liability waiver saying for no reason am I liable.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Racine
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango
That’s true. But he was referring to a hellcat.
personal I don’t know if I’d tune a car with one of these and tell the customer they cannot go WOT on 93. I know I’d for sure make them sign a liability waiver saying for no reason am I liable.
i understand your concern i just don’t understand the “can’t go wot” part. Maybe i missed that part.

i only stumbled across this thread by googling the issue I’m having

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
i understand your concern i just don’t understand the “can’t go wot” part. Maybe i missed that part.

i only stumbled across this thread by googling the issue I’m having
So since it can’t adjust timing by alcohol percent I would have to tune the tables for e85 for you to get a good gain from e85. The problem then becomes there is way to much timing for 93.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Racine
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango
Oooh! Right! I understand now

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Just the name of this thing scares me away.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Oooh! Right! I understand now
What do you have going on with your issue?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Racine
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango
I just installed this kit on my SRT and i get a cel P020-1 through 8 depending on the injector that doesn’t like it.
I contacted PROFLEX today via phone and the guy was pretty cool and seemed intelligent in regards to e85.
He said the cel was what they call a “ghost cel” and i would be able to turn it off with hp tuners. I’m still on the fence whether i want to keep this kit or not.
This👆
No misfire or other issue, still runs fine just throws a code for circuit open. I called and spoke with the manufacturer guy and he said it’s referred to as a “ghost code”. He said it has to do with the pcm looking for a certain resistance from the injector and it’s not receiving it. He said as long as i don’t have a miss or running lean code I’m fine.
he said i can use HP tuners to turn off that safety protocol and it won’t throw a cel anymore

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
This👆
No misfire or other issue, still runs fine just throws a code for circuit open. I called and spoke with the manufacturer guy and he said it’s referred to as a “ghost code”. He said it has to do with the pcm looking for a certain resistance from the injector and it’s not receiving it. He said as long as i don’t have a miss or running lean code I’m fine.
he said i can use HP tuners to turn off that safety protocol and it won’t throw a cel anymore
Again for liability reasons I wouldn’t want to shut a code like that off.
idk. I have 0 experience with it but that right there is a turn off.
I just bought my first ford vehicle. Fords put widebands in from factory and knock sensors can add timing. It is one thing they do right. It’s 2022 people. It’s almost like dodge stopped putting any effort into the 5.7 or 6.4.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Again for liability reasons I wouldn’t want to shut a code like that off.
idk. I have 0 experience with it but that right there is a turn off.
I just bought my first ford vehicle. Fords put widebands in from factory and knock sensors can add timing. It is one thing they do right. It’s 2022 people. It’s almost like dodge stopped putting any effort into the 5.7 or 6.4.
Of course they did. They knew that the run was coming to an end.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My code cleared up after 3 days on the cooling system. Thought I was slow. Wanted to have that cleared before it went to the dealer shit for warranty work. Wed this week. Oil change and hopefully tire replacement. Yea, keep my thoughts and dreams in the bedroom.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Racine
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango
My code cleared up after 3 days on the cooling system. Thought I was slow. Wanted to have that cleared before it went to the dealer shit for warranty work. Wed this week. Oil change and hopefully tire replacement. Yea, keep my thoughts and dreams in the bedroom.
What code was that

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
So since it can’t adjust timing by alcohol percent I would have to tune the tables for e85 for you to get a good gain from e85. The problem then becomes there is way to much timing for 93.

You would tune for max effort on 93, then let the flex kit adjust fueling for e85. I agree with what you're getting at though. I've used the proflex on a couple of customers vehicles. Its great in the fact it gives you the ability to swap between fuels, but most of the gains from e85 are timing related, and since the proflex cannot manipulate timing, I personally am not a huge fan. It does what it is advertised to do, nothing more, nothing less

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
You would tune for max effort on 93, then let the flex kit adjust fueling for e85. I agree with what you're getting at though. I've used the proflex on a couple of customers vehicles. Its great in the fact it gives you the ability to swap between fuels, but most of the gains from e85 are timing related, and since the proflex cannot manipulate timing, I personally am not a huge fan. It does what it is advertised to do, nothing more, nothing less
I think at that point I'd sell it as a 93 tune. If they ask if they can use the device I'd say that's up to you.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
I think at that point I'd sell it as a 93 tune. If they ask if they can use the device I'd say that's up to you.
Exactly. Its not a flex tune, or e85 tune. Its a controller for fueling. Nothing more, nothing less