Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2019+ standard Hellcats have RE/Demon half shafts, driveshafts?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So over in the other forum there’s a member who says he works at a Chrysler dealer and that the standard ’19+ Hellcat now has all of the beefed up Demon stuff in the A8’s. Says the part #’s match and when 15-18‘s come in with failures they receive the upgraded replacement parts. Anyone heard this before? This is the first I’ve heard this. Fact? Fiction? I was under the impression that the RE got it but not the standard Hellcat.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I wondered the same when I saw that. I thought only the Demon/RE and 1320 got the same driveline after the trans and never heard of trans parts being upgraded in anything really.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I’ve always heard the 2018 WB’s also has the upgraded shafts as well but have never been able to confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Come on you mean you are still on the page the Demon was one and done😁
Just don’t tell the Demon owners😳 the Redeye is a Demon😁 but the RE is better looking and more practical. I mean @1971demon man wears Bifocals with Coca Cola glass bottoms in them🙃 he still thinks he has the only cool car around. But yet has a Chevy parked next to it🙈

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #5
Just don’t tell the Demon owners😳 the Redeye is a Demon😁 but the RE is better looking and more practical. I mean @1971demon man wears Bifocals with Coca Cola glass bottoms in them🙃 he still thinks he has the only cool car around. But yet has a Chevy parked next to it🙈
I think your eggnog is kicking in...

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I know the 2018 and later wide-bodies got the axles, not just Redeyes. I don't know if the standard body Hellcats are getting the axles now but it might make sense to consolidate part numbers after all this time. Likely saves cost for FCA.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If they have consolidated axles and now only supply new cars with the upgraded parts then hopefully they get cheaper.

At the current price difference between factory demon and DSS/Gforce you're better off going with the aftermarket.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
So over in the other forum there’s a member who says he works at a Chrysler dealer and that the standard ’19+ Hellcat now has all of the beefed up Demon stuff in the A8’s. Says the part #’s match and when 15-18‘s come in with failures they receive the upgraded replacement parts. Anyone heard this before? This is the first I’ve heard this. Fact? Fiction? I was under the impression that the RE got it but not the standard Hellcat.
I replied over there too. I've never heard it before this. I only recall the advertising of the new Redeye and how it had 30% stronger this and that......the info has gotta be out there somewhere since it should be old news?!? lol

But it seems feasible if I brought my 2015 HC in for a busted half shaft, I could just have both replaced with newer stronger ones for not much more $$.....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
CC....look I 've seen pictures of yer prom date back in the day...you wouldn't know good lookin if it bit ya in the ass....the Joe Camel RE hood is the ugliest hood since the formula days...and no Chevy's are allowed;);) in my man cave...my wife has her own garage...

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
If they have consolidated axles and now only supply new cars with the upgraded parts then hopefully they get cheaper.

At the current price difference between factory demon and DSS/Gforce you're better off going with the aftermarket.
For many of us who like road courses the Demon axles are the only proven durable solution.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
My DSS are toast. I think I will just use the upgraded Redeye ones. You can get them for about 600 a piece. 1200 for a set.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My DSS are toast. I think I will just use the upgraded Redeye ones. You can get them for about 600 a piece. 1200 for a set.

Let us know what you actually get them for please.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I was admiring and shining mine the other day. They are first class bad ass units. Even the CV covers covering those very unique CV’s themselves are high rent and bad ass looking. They look great!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I was admiring and shining mine the other day. They are first class bad ass units. Even the CV covers covering those very unique CV’s themselves are high rent and bad ass looking. They look great!

I've lost another boot and need to do something (only a tiny tiny pinhole at the moment)

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Now that these parts have also spread to the charger hopefully it defray the cost a little bit. I will also be needing an upgrade at some point this year

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
When my dealer tried to purchase them due to them being Demon parts they were unable to purchase them. He even tried the redeye option and it was a no go. So I wound up going with the newly improved DSS axles with the road race CV joints. Mine are free. Well kind of. Jim Click Dodge here in Tucson dropped my car from the lift seven months ago. The drivers side front came down. The mechanic was negligent and it swung out. Swung forward and then back. It bent the front drivers wheel and tore holes in the whole side of the car. So the whole side of the car has new panels on it as I did not want bondo. An independent body shop did the work. Supposedly the best in town. I had a ten point frame inspection. That was good. No frame damage. But the car vibrated a bit. I got pictures where it showed the lift sitting on the tail part of the transmission and front of the driveshaft. So I got a new transmission. New driveshaft. Then I noticed still a vibration from the rear. The other dealership in town who installed the new transmission and driveshaft saw that the boots on both axles were torn to shreds. I remember the other shop, Jim Click, the service manager stated a tow truck was luckily dropping off a car there and saw what was happening and stabilized the rear of my car with the fork like prongs. So I argued with the insurance and they are now replacing those for free. All together between body work, mechanical work, and rent a car for months I would say their insurance is paying out around 40K or so. Then after it is all done which should be around 8 weeks or so as DSS states it will be that long I am making a claim for diminished value against Jim Clicks carrier. Federated. They state they will pay a diminished value amount. If not enough I will sue. But so far it has been a real long process. But mostly a fair one. Can you imagine getting a call from the service manager, "Sir this does not happen a lot. But we dropped your hellcat from the rack.". I was just amazed that he used the words it does not happen alot. lol. What a process!