Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cams

Member ID
Reactions
City
BENNINGTON
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I wonder about the drive ability. I feel like this would be to much for my car but I love the sound.
It’s gonna take some getting use to. Car will be ready next week. Put down 953hp and 937 Torque
On the dyno yesterday in 110 degree heat and humid as hell lol.
@Primetime Hellcat 17 First off your car sounds wicked awesome, congrats! Second, did you have to change out the stock torque converter? If so, what did you go with? Do you have any issues street driving or just cruising around? I'm also looking into doing a heads/cam in my hellcat and have listened to every hellcat cam video I can find. Thanks!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The demon/redeye cam is a great camshaft for a pulley'd car . Simple install and programming..... To bad it's so damn expensive to buy new. It really sings in the upper rpms!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
I decided to just do the engine with the Demon/RE cam LOL The one thing I noticed right away was an obvious change in how the car pulls above 4,000 RPM.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
That OST cam would never pass smog in CA. As soon as the smog tech heard the lope he would tell me to go fly a kite. LOL

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I decided to just do the engine with the Demon/RE cam LOL The one thing I noticed right away was an obvious change in how the car pulls above 4,000 RPM.
I agree. The top end charge is definitely noticeable.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
@Primetime Hellcat 17 First off your car sounds wicked awesome, congrats! Second, did you have to change out the stock torque converter? If so, what did you go with? Do you have any issues street driving or just cruising around? I'm also looking into doing a heads/cam in my hellcat and have listened to every hellcat cam video I can find. Thanks!
I went with the ProTorque TC HP90 2800 stall. Now the cam shaft.... It took Tim Barth and Tommy 2 weeks and about 8-10 revisions to tune the cam shaft. It’s about 90% perfect. The cam is so aggressive it does stall out every once in awhile. The computer it self will learn to adjust over time and hopefully improve. If your cat is a 17 or newer they are harder to tune with a aggressive cam. The 15 and 16 cats are easier to tune because they changed the MAF sensors and few more things in the ECU that is out of my knowledge on the 17’s & up. I think that OST dyno plus cam is awesome as well. Now the only reason I went with the cam because the engine was out being built and beefed up to the 426. Saved a lot of money on labor.
Also I got my car back today & it’s awesome. Still in the break in person!🙄😬
Hit me up if you have anymore questions....

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Same here speedy! When I hit that 4000-4500rmp that power band puts you back in your seat for dam sure.

Member ID
Reactions
City
BENNINGTON
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
@Primetime Hellcat 17 Do you have anymore video or your car idling maybe with some revs:cool:?

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
@Primetime Hellcat 17 Do you have anymore video or your car idling maybe with some revs:cool:?
Sure I will post up some. I gotta figure out how to post up from my phone. That was from my IG page.
It’s so dam loud I think I’m putting back on the mid mufflers to quiet in down a little bit. Lol I live in California

Member ID
Reactions
City
BENNINGTON
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sure I will post up some. I gotta figure out how to post up from my phone. That was from my IG page.
It’s so dam loud I think I’m putting back on the mid mufflers to quiet in down a little bit. Lol I live in California
What's your exhaust setup?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Almost seems like the old four bbl carb. You can go 70-80% and that is plenty impressive, BUT give it 100% rolling into it, it will take a lower gear and you better be pointed forward and paying attention! Yep, you can even feel the difference in the seat, IMO.

More than one has driven either of mine, and since I know, I always catch them at the 70-80% level and just look over and say, now where are your balls, hit it!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
What's your exhaust setup?
Kooks long tube headers with Stock exhaust with cat delete and mid muffler delete.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. This is what it says when I try to upload a video.... any help...

Member ID
Reactions
City
BENNINGTON
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Kooks long tube headers with Stock exhaust with cat delete and mid muffler delete.
Awesome thanks, that's the same setup I'll be running. What is your pulley setup and how much boost are you seeing?

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Awesome thanks, that's the same setup I'll be running. What is your pulley setup and how much boost are you seeing?
426 stroker
Stock blower making 14 psi
2.72 sc pulley
10% lower
953 rwhp and 938 torque
E-85 fuel
Let me tell you.... it’s no joke. Im
Almost scared of it. Lol

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Almost is a long word. I grew up with muscle cars of the late 60s and early 70s. If you didn't have a cam you just could not cruise at mating season. Then to retard the timing with the distributor was magical. Sound like a mating call but for performance not so much, but that was not what you were hunting for.

Member ID
Reactions
City
BENNINGTON
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. This is what it says when I try to upload a video.... any help...
@Primetime Hellcat 17 any luck figuring out your file extension issue? If not I'll PM you my email I've gotta hear more of this cam! :cool:

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
@Primetime Hellcat 17 any luck figuring out your file extension issue? If not I'll PM you my email I've gotta hear more of this cam! :cool:
No not yet..😬😬 Ya go head and pm your e-mail!
Lol putting stock mid resonators back on. It’s too dam loud for California..😩😩🔥

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Then if you can post my videos that would be awesome